Chapter 29

Rose Hathaway

I loved him; I loved the both of them. Fuck... how was I going to tell them? They were a couple, was I right to take that away from them? No, but you cannot control who you fall in love with, that was a lesson I thought I had learnt years before. I didn't know what to do, how did I go about it? Should I tell them before my coronation or after? I was a nervous wreck. Speaking of my coronation, it was tonight, I had several hours of freedom before I became Queen of all the Moroi and Dhampir alike.

Adrian was in my room, helping me calm down. I told him everything about Ivan and Dmitri. Yesterday when Ivan was with me, and I froze; Baba had come, and excused Ivan due to his family wanting to see him. As much as I hadn't wanted him to go, I knew he needed to. I wasn't going to keep him from those who loved him just because I had finally come to the conclusion that I was now on that list.

"Rose, calm down." Adrian groaned, holding his head in his hands. I stared at him with concern, ever since meeting Sydney, he had stopped with the spirit; it also helped that he had me to take the darkness, despite not being bonded. It was a handy trick I had learnt while I was away, and Adrian had come to visit. He had been so depressed that Sydney hadn't been able to join, and the darkness took a hold of him. My lungs had burnt when standing next to him, as if I had smoked a packet of a cigarettes really quickly. Without knowing it at the time, I had stared at him, with him unable to look away and the next thing we knew was that he was clear- no darkness clouding his senses while I was being smothered by it; but instead of it being scary as it had been in the past, the darkness grew with me, blending with what had become the new me, and it gave me more strength.

"Please cuz, calm down. They love you, how much more incentive do you need?" He asked as he leant back against my sofa while I looked away suddenly scared. I knew what my fears were, that I was too much of a freak, an abomination. That they would grow tired of me and my endless supply of drama and bullshit and leave me. I was scared of losing them so quickly after becoming one, as I had with Dmitri.

I was becoming a Queen, and if I were to open up to them it would change everything. Dmitri would never be able to be a Guardian again, just like I wasn't able to- the closet he would be allowed would be my head Guardian, but that was only until we united in the eyes of the law... marriage. Then there was Ivan, his carefree life that he had even before being taken, would never return.

I turned to face Adrian once more and joined him. "I am scared. What if they realise that I am not worth it?" I hated how insecure I had become. I know Dmitri never meant those words, but still they had hurt me so badly. Baba had told me that he and Dmitri had figured it out; and then during Court it had been one of the crimes Natasha was being sentenced for. "What if-"

I didn't get to finish because the apartment door opened and there stood Dmitri and he wasn't alone. The whole Belikova family were standing behind him. Gaping, I turned to Adrian to ask if he had behind this, but from his expression I knew he was as shocked as I was.

"Roza!" there were screams of different ages that echoed through the building. From as young as five to as old as sixty, as I was ambushed. Funny enough the first to reach me was the last I expected. Yeva made it to me and dragged me down into a hug, holding me close to her as we cried.

"O moy milyy ангел. YA skuchayu po tebe."

Sure, Yeva and I hadn't had the best of relationships, but it had grown by the end of my stay in Russia, however I didn't think it had grown to that point. I had wanted to visit them while I was travelling, but I couldn't do it. They were just too close to the subject that was Dmitri at the time.

From behind her stood Olena, Karolina and Sonja. All with beautiful and large smiles that brightened up the room. Looking to my side, I saw Viktoria who stood there with a saddened grimace, that immediately brought my mood down. Still hugging Yeva, or should I say, still being hugged by Yeva, I reached out for the girl who I still saw as a sister.