Chapter 34

Ivan Zeklos

I wanted to bow to her, express my undying love for her. She looked like a goddess; even though I couldn't see the actual dress due to the robe she wore, she still looked splendid to me. Then again, the woman could be wearing exercising gear, be sweating up a storm and I still believed she was gorgeous. I couldn't wait to show her off, have her dance with me and be encased in my embrace.

"Earth to Ivan..."

My head snapped up at the sound of fingers being clicked in my face. Lucas was laughing like a hyena once again while Adrian stood smirking in front of me, his eyes twinkling with mischief. He wasn't the only one, all the ladies with the exception of Rose looked like they knew something. Knowing the stories, I had been told by about Vasilisa and Rose from people such as Mia and Eddie, I gulped wondering just how torturous this dance was going to be.

Blushing I turned to where Rose was still smiling, a soft but almost shy lift of her lips. Shaking my head, I held my hand out to her and breathed out in relief when she accepted my gesture. "You look beautiful my Queen."

She snarled playfully and pushed against my shoulder. "No, no calling me that. To you I am just Rose," she turned to glare at everyone there, "is that understood?"

Eddie, Adrian and Christian all bowed and smirked. "Of course, your majesty."

I joined in Lucas's laughter at the look of utter horror on Rose's face. It was so comical to see her so petrified. I had seen her glare down Strigoi, but here she was scared of being Queen. Mind you, I understood her distaste for her friends to call her Majesty, because she wasn't just the Ruler, but their friend. Huffing, Rose just pulled me up and walked out the door, glaring at the others over her shoulder. Gulps were heard as footsteps scurried behind us.

The whole walk to the palace was filled of laughter and awes as the street lit up to a wonderland, dead-set, the place had glowing lanterns and fairy lights. It was majestic, it had to have been Rose or her friend who had done it as the Court had never looked like that before. The moon shone on us as our group finally arrived at the building. We almost hadn't made it as Eddie made the most stupid mistake of asking if his date would have been more comfortable without the robe... a powerful lesson was learnt- do not ever question a woman on her fashion.

I watched as Rose nodded gracefully at the Guardians who stood at the door. From the many times of attending a ball or dance at the Court, I knew that there was a two-way staircase leading to the dance floor. At some point during the walk, Rose's mother, newly crowned Princess Janine had joined Abe and they were the first to make an entrance and from where we stood, I could hear people gossiping about the fact that one of the most feared Guardians was actually the daughter of Prince Edward Szelsky. I, myself had been quite baffled by that fact, but it had explained a lot about Rose, especially with my knowledge on her father. One by one, our group entered the hall until it was Rose and my turn and I could tell that Rose was nervous, so with the privacy that had been gifted to us, I pulled her closer to me.

"Calm down Dikaya koshka, I am here with you. You are not alone, Dmitri will be in there, you have the whole of your rather large family and all of your friends. Now you are Rose, our bad ass Queen and Strigoi hunting Goddess," she giggled and blushed at my words, the sound and sight took my breath away only to replace it with a lovely dovely smile that I was sure I should have been embarrassed about, "Own it!"

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Tatiana Ivashkov

My nephew and his wonderful woman had done a immaculate job with the hall. It had never looked as good or elegant as it did right now. White swooping banners lined the windows and doorways as chandeliers lit the room up, allowing the different lights to shone through. All in all, I felt as if I was in a fairy-tale, watching as a Princess found her prince charming. That thought brought a grin to my face. In a way, my princess, my little Rosie had found her Prince Charming. She was a lucky woman, she had found two, and it wasn't going to end with a battle.