Starting Out

***

Late one afternoon, probably about a half hour before the sun is about to set, I was walking around campus, checking out all the different buildings. After a while of walking around, I decide to sit on the steps in front of the Robotics Lab building and play a little while I wait for GoGo. I put my headphones on to rid myself of distractions, and start playing and singing.

I finish the song and suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder.
"Hi!" A tall blonde with glasses says as I turn around, taking off my headphones. "That was amazing! Where did you learn that?"

"Um..I took lessons thoughout high school. And self-taught for the song."

"Well, that was really cool. My name's Honey Lemon," She puts out her hand for me to shake. I shake it and she continues, "Well, actually, that's a nickname.. I'm a sophomore and I'm majoring in Robotics. What about you?"

"My name's Erin. I'm a freshman and I'm majoring in the Arts. Did you say Honey Lemon?"

"Yeah!"

"Ooh! You know my sister then...GoGo?"

"Yeah, I know her! We're good friends. We work in the labs together." she says pointing to the building behind us. "Well, I have to head back in there. See you later Erin!"

"Bye!" We wave to each other and she walks into the building. I then begin playing again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tadashi's POV

'This is Tadashi Hamada, and this is the 83rd test of my robotics project.' I push in Baymax's chip.

'Hello, I am Baymax, your personal healthcare commmm...' 

Shoot. So close! I sit at my desk and jot down some things for possible changes. After that, I get up and walk out of the lab room and down the hall, taking a break. I turn a corner and see someone sitting on the stairs playing a guitar. She has headphones on, and is singing as she plays. Her voice is beautiful.

I don't know how long I've been staring, but I suddenly snap out of it when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Uhhh, Tadashi? Hellooo?" it's Honey Lemon, "What are you staring at?"

"Um, nothing. Just taking a break from Baymax; taking a walk." I say. Well, that was a poor cover-up.

"You're listening to that girl aren't you?"

"Umm....uhh.."

"You are!"

"H-how'd you know?"

"I am too. She's good, isn't she?"

"Yeah, amazing."

"Hey, it looks like she's finished. Do you want me to go talk to her?"

"No, tha-" she walks away before I can finish. I catch her at the door before she goes outside, "Honey Lemon! Wait."

She giggles. "Don't worry! I won't say anything about you watching her. I'm just going to get her name and major."

"Oh, ok." I let her go on her way and went back to my lab to Baymax.

About 10 minutes later she comes back, with a smile on her face. "Her name's Erin and she's an Arts major, I'm assuming Music. And she's GoGo's younger sister...You're welcome." Huh. I knew GoGo had a sister; she talks about her sometimes, but I didn't know she was around our age. I just figured she was much younger since GoGo hasn't brought her to the lab and introduced her to us. 

"Um, yeah, thanks." Suddenly, my phone beeps. It's a notification saying that Hiro is somewhere he souldn't be; probably bot fighting. It's a good thing I put those tracker chips in his jackets. He could get into some serious trouble, and will be once I pick him up. Just as the sun is setting, I head to my scooter and follow my phone to go find Hiro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** (Back to Reader's POV)

Later that night, while walking home, I hear some commotion coming from an alley up ahead. I hear the echo of a puttering engine; most likely a moped or small motorcycle. Not much later, some cop cars come to a  speeding halt, closing off the alley. Whatever is happening in there is obviously not good.

Being the curious person I am, I decide to walk past my house and head toward the alley to try to see what's going on. As I get closer, I see a couple cops cuffing two male figures. It's dark, so I can't really see their faces. Judging by the heights and silhouettes, one looks to be in his early teens and the other possibly my age or a little older. 

My curiosity still getting the best of me, I decide to head towards the station, which was only a couple more blocks down, making sure to stay in the shadows to not be seen. I wait a little bit, and suddenly, a little truck drives up to the station. A short woman, not much taller than me, gets out of the truck. I'm assuming it's a family member of one or both the boys. She paces back and forth, waiting for them to be released. Not much later, the station door opens and out walk the two boys. The woman pulls them in for a hug and then starts to scold them, grabbing an ear of each boy. She's shouting loud enough that I can hear from across the road.

"What were you two knuckleheads thinking? For 10 years..." The rest of her sentence goes faint. I can't hear the rest because she has pulled them into the truck and is driving away. With that, I head back home to sleep.