Microbots

It's silent for a few seconds, then I suddenly hear a little whirring sound.   "Hey, do you hear that?"

Tadashi looks at me with a confused expression. "Uhhh....no. What is it?"

"I'm not sure." I follow the sound to over by Hiro's bed. I turn and take Hiro's headphones off his head.

"Hey!"

"Shh." I put my hand over his mouth.

"Wha-" he pauses. The expression on his face indicates that he also hears the sound. I take my hand off his mouth, and he gets out of his chair. He lays down on the floor, reaching under his bed and pulls out a jacket and puts his hand into one of the pockets, "My microbot? This doesn't make any sense. The thing is attracted to other microbots, but that's impossible. They were destroyed in the fire. Must be broken" He sets it in a petri dish and covers it with another. He goes back to what he was doing.

I pick it up and walk around the room, noticing that it's constantly trying to go somewhere.  "I don't think it's broken, Hiro."

 "It has to be. It's only attracted to other microbots. Which-"

 "I know, I know," I interrupt him, "'were destroyed in the fire'. But what if they weren't?"

 "What do you mean?"

 "Just watch."  I pull him up out of his chair and begin to walk around the room. The microbot constantly moves around the petri dish going one certain direction.

 Hiro doesn't seem convinced. "Yeah, ok. That clearly means it's not busted." he rolls his eyes and goes back to his computer, putting his headphones back on.

"Ok, fine. Be that way." I start to walk towards the stairs, petri dish-covered microbot still in hand.

Tadashi steps in front of me, "Umm..what are you doing?"

"I'm going to figure out where this little guy is wanting to go."

"Oh no you're not."

 "And give me one good reason why not."

"Because you could get hurt."

"Hey now, I can take care of myself. I'm not at naive as I may look." I walk around him and head down the stairs.

"Alright, we'll see."

Ignoring him, I continue walking. When I make it outside to the curb though, he stops me again. I give him a questioning look.

"I can't stop you from going, but I'm not gonna let you go on your own."  With that, I start my journey down the streets of San Fran, Tadashi not far behind me.

***

Still following the microbot, we stop when we are faced with a big, abandoned warehouse. Suddenly, we hear panting behind us. We both turn around to see not just Hiro, but Baymax as well.

"Are you crazy? What are you doing?" Hiro manages to say inbetween breaths.

"Whatever your microrbot is attracted to is in here." I say, facing the building.

"I told you, it's broken," he takes it out of my hands, "it's not trying to go...Huh?" He inches up to the door.  "Locked."

"There is a window," Baymax says. We all look up in the direction where he is looking, to see an open window, but it's pretty high up.

"Great, how are we supposed to get up there?" I ask, as we walk in that direction.

Before anyone can answer, Hiro is climbing onto Baymax, trying to reach the window.