Motorcycle

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so this chapter would have had the building fire/explosion, but for the sake of your hearts, and my story, it doesn't happen. Which means.......Tadashi lives!! Woo!

And, one spot in this chapter has inspiration from the movie If I Stay. [DISCLAIMER]

That's all......on with the story. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Next presenter: Hiro Hamada."

I didn't really want to come to this student showcase, but GoGo insisted. I told her that I like Tasashi, and she thought it would be a good idea for me to come. I guess this can be an excuse for me to spend some time with him.

"Ok you guys, photo, photo. Everybody say 'Hiro'!"

"Hiro!"  Honey Lemon snaps a group pic of all of us before Hiro goes on stage.

We all wish him good luck and take our bins to their places. 

"This a microbot. It doesn't look like much, but when it links up with the rest of its pals..."

There's a faint rumbling, and then all the bins tip over and the microbots come rolling to the front of the stage. Even though I knew it was coming, it kind of surprised me, like it did all the other guests, and I grab the person next to me's arm, thinking it was GoGo. I hear a little chuckle and look up to see it's actually Tadashi I took hold of. Embarrassed, I give an awkward smile back and let go.   "...things get a little more interesting."

A couple minutes later, he nudges me.  I whisper, just loud enough so only he can hear, "Yeah?"

"Hey, um...can I talk to you....after this?"

"Uh, yeah sure."

Hiro's presentation is going well. I know he'll get in. If he's anything like his brother, which it seems like he is, there is no doubt. 

***

I was right! His presentation went amazingly. I had faith in the kid.

"Alright geniuses, let's feed those hungry brains. Back to the café! Dinner is on me!" Cass says.

Fred seems the most excited, "Yes! Nothing is better than free food!"

"You can say that again!" I say, "I am star-a-ving!"

Fred and I high five. "Yeah! ..Unless it's moldy."

"Ooh, yeah. Always steer clear of the green stuff."

We all laugh, and Tadashi grabs my arm. "Hm? What?"

"I wanted to talk to you, remember?"

"Oh yeah."

"Hey Aunt Cass?"

"Yeah?"

"We'll, uh..we'll catch up, ok?"

"Sure. Ahh! I'm so proud of you! Both of you boys."

"Thanks Aunt Cass."

They all leave, so it's just us. Tadashi begins to speak, "So, uh, I....uh.."

"Yeah?" I can tell he's nervous.

"Um..."

It's silent for a couple seconds, when suddenly, someone clears their throat, making both of us jump a little.