𝐂.50

well, well, well

"COME ON! YOUR LEGS AREN'T BROKEN, get your ass moving!" Marty states, pulling John B from his un-broken wrist as she quickly walks through the second floor of her house

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," he laughs, as she pushes open another door and shows him the interior.

"I hope you like it, it's your room," Martha gushes as she looks upon her cousin.

John B steps inside, his eyes getting glossy as he takes it all in light bluish-gray walls decorated with his posters from his room back at the Château, his old comforter and blanket neatly tucked under the mattress, his family photo frames hanging on the wall, his skateboard, surfboard, and some clothes packed against the opposite corner near a desk.

He turns to her as his shaky fingers graze on his father's picture. "When did you"—

—"When you were unconscious, JJ and my father moved some stuff in here. J actually picked out everything. Do you like it?" She tilts her head, leaning on the door frame.

"I love it, thanks cuz," John B says, pulling her in for a hug.

"I'm so happy you're here," Martha embraces him. Their smiles never dropping.

"I'm so sorry," John B suddenly apologizes, squeezing her in his grasp. "I should've defended you back at the campfire. What Kie said wasn't right."

"Thanks, Johnny," Marty replies, pulling away with appreciation, "that means a lot, seriously."

"Can I have a hug too?" A familiar voice can be heard over Martha's shoulder. Its tone ranging with pouty-ness.

"Can I just hug my cuz in peace, J?" John B states, stiffening out his arm to push back the blond boy.

Marty rolls her eyes, quickly pulling away from the brunet and patting on his head. "Oh shush," she teases him.

"Yeah, shush," JJ joins in on the fun, obnoxiously poking at his best friend's arm, his smirk growing wider as his girl smiles at his actions.

"Stop it," John B scolds, playfully swatting his hand away, indirectly causing an all-out slapping war between the two boys.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Marty announces, tired of their silliness, and walks out of Johnny's bedroom.

"Bro!" JJ says in excitement, hitting John B's arm in a final slap. "Can you believe this shit, Bree?"

"No, I can't, it's crazy. All my life, I've despised kooks and, now, my family is kooks. It's weird to think about that's all," John B discloses, looking around the spacious room before looking back upon his best friend from third grade. "Thank you, J, seriously," he utters, quickly wrapping his arms around the kid in a warm, brotherly, hug.