| you mortals are weird |

A/n: Konnichi-wassuuuuppp bestie's your least favourite lawnmower eater has been summoned. I just remembered I have to write smut in a few chapters 💀 pls enjoy.

| author pov: 

The adeptus boy had woken up and could make at the sun shining in the room. Yet the boy was stopped from moving by the arms of the blonde that were wrapped around him. Xiao couldn't make much of the situation but didn't want to move. 'Is this what the mortals do? How unusual'. Xiao couldn't do much of the situation, soon enough the adeptus got away from the blonde's grasp. Just as he was about to go he felt warm hands holding his wrist.

Aether: "xiao please don't go~" 

The blonde didn't let him ago at all. Xiao had no choice so he sat on the bed with aethers head on his lap. The adeptus needed to resist the temptation to try and stroke the mortals hair, yet his senses gave in. Aether had a smile form on his head. 'Does he find this comforting? This is only a one time thing' 

Aether woke up and realised that he slept next to the adeptus and that he would probably be angry at him. 

Aether: "i- I'm so sorry xiao!! I know you adeptus shouldn't be doing this, i- ill leave now!" 

After aether got ready and left wangshu Inn. This weird feeling washed over xiao. 'Have I got a fever' the adeptus boy knew that the adepti don't get sick so surely something is wrong, later in the day he decided to visit zhongli he was the only one who would know how to cure an adeptus surely?! 

| evening | 

Xiao knew that zhongli was at bubu pharmaceutical so he made his way there, only to notice the presence of the blonde boy and his floating companion. 'Why does he have to be everywhere I don't want him to it's annoying..'.  The raven hair adeptus' eyes widened he recognised the ginger.. his blood began to boil. But he couldn't disturb their conversation.  Luckily zhongli saw xiao's signal and departed himself from the conversation. They came to talk in an ally way. 

Xiao: "rex lapis has died... is that really the best you can do?!!" 

Zhongli: "look if you're here to ask about that then I can't provide you with answers" 

Xiao: "I had to cry in front of that mortal boy!!" 

Zhongli: "yeah. To make it more believable!!" 

Xiao growled in anger. 

Zhongli: "take your mask off  once in a while.." 

The adeptus took his mask off but he still wasn't pleased with what this turn of events has led to. 

Xiao: "look.. Im not here to question your decisions about your fake death.. but- I think I'm sick?" 

Zhongli giggled at how stupid the raven hair boy sounded. 

Zhongli: "xiao you can't be serious?!?! From what exactly??" 

Xiao: "WELL I DON'T KNOW!! HEART CANCER MAYBE- I COULD BE DYING THIS SECOND AND HERE YOU ARE LAUGHING!! some God you are.." 

Zhongli continued on laughing. 

Zhongli: "adeptus don't get sick" 

'...' 

Xiao: "oh yeah!! Well now they do!!" 

Xiao pouted.. he took a deep breath and tried to explain to zhongli. 

Xiao: "the thing is... it's this boy.." 

Zhongli finally stopped laughing and heard what the younger had to say. 

Xiao: "seeing him makes my heart light and my cheeks glow red.. it's like my whole body heats up.. and this is only when I'm near him.." 

The way xiao explained it.. zhongli never thought that xiao would be honest with him.  Ever. Zhongli laughed to himself once more. 

Xiao: "if you're not going to help I might as well leave!!" 

Zhongli: "xiao you know- you're not sick right?!?!"

Xiao didn't believe a word this man said. 

Xiao: "oh yeah! Then what is it huh!?" 

Zhongli: "I think someone has a little crush" 

'...'

Xiao: "adepti don't feel love or any kind of deep emotion.. I will refuse to have feelings for him!!" 

And with that xiao teleported away he couldn't bear to re-think his conversation with zhongli. 'Feelings?? Love? What bulshit!!' But yet the feelings for the blonde hair male hadn't washed away. Yet xiao lied to himself thinking the feeling would wash off.

Aether returned to wangshu Inn with Paimon. Even though xiao only had minor feelings for this boy it still made him feel happy to feel his aura near him, if only xiao wanted more. 

| future | 

(Not a lot of time skip) 

Childe had unleashed the hydra dragons to destroy liyue and there was only one option left. After aether fought of the Fatui his body felt weak, as soon as he was about to run meteors fell from the sky and he felt the platform of the jade chamber crack beneath his feet. He fell. 

Nothing mattered. 

No one was saving him.

'Really, I die like this.. how tragic.' 

Aether saw his life flash before his eyes. 

"Lumine please be safe.." 

.

.

.

Warm hands wrapped around aethers body. The blonde opened his eyes to witness the raven hair carrying him bridal style. A small smile was plastered across his face. Aether wanted to thank him but enjoyed the moments in his arms.. it felt warm and comfortable.. aether could make out his fast heartbeat. 

They reached the top of the jade chamber, 

Xiao: "be careful okay.." 

Xiaos hand gripped aethers tighter.. after aether helped to sacrifice the jade chamber xiao helped him to the ground and left without saying anything.. before he left aether grabbed the adeptus' wrist. 

Aether: "thank you.. xiao" 

The raven hair didn't make eye contact but felt his heart skip a beat after hearing those words. Xiao couldn't stop thinking about how he saved aether.. the memory replayed in his mind. 

He could hear aether and paimons voice. 

Paimon: inazuma is going to be so fun!! 

Aether: I can't wait to go. 

'I- inazuma.. they'll leave.. he'll leave.. I'll be alone.' Xiao didn't want to hear it he covered his ears. 

Aether: "xiao..." 

A/n: heheheeheheehe left you on a cliffhanger hahaha I feel like such a good person and this took too long 

Word count: 1030