| your selfish heart |

A/n: Konnichi-wassuuuuppp bestie's your favourite casio calculator writer taru here :D Thx for nearly 900 reads lmao ummm so albedo went evil and like 2 days after the 2.3 update trailer came out and I was like ( • □ • ?) So I call this day time deja vu so. Enjoy 

| author pov 

The sun seeped through the curtains. Aether woke up to notice the sleeping adeptus on his chest. 'Oh right..' he confessed his love for xiao yesterday. They weren't official or anything, the yaksha claimed that he didn't need nor want labels so I guess they were just lovers. 

The blonde didn't dare disturb the yakshas slumber so he quickly left. Aether needed to do some research for Albedo, so he had left almond tofu for xiao when he wakes up. 

Albedo was waiting near the ruins by the guizhong ballista, the area was rough but it didn't take long for aether to get there. The grey hair male needed help in terms of getting rock samples and ground samples to test back at dragonspine. 

Aether: "albedo"

He looked over at the blonde after putting the jars of rocks in his bag. 

Albedo: "yes?"

Aether: "so how come sucrose didn't come help you in liyue" 

Albedo: "well she may be my research partner, but she also has other things to do.. in which case she said she can't make it" 

The blonde couldn't help but ignore how each time the grey hair male would get closer and closer to him and touch him. He ignored it at first but it started becoming a problem. 

He came closer to aethers face and took hold of his waist. He ended up touching the blonde's ass and aether tried to free himself from albedos grasp. 

Albedo: "you're beautiful aether.." 

Just as albedo was trying to go in for a kiss. A spear smashed into the ground right in front of him. This separated the two males from eachother. Albedo looked in the direction of the spear to see the adeptus with a dark expression. 

Xiao: "what are you doing here chalk boy thought you left for popsicle land already" 

Albedo looked angered at seeing the raven hair he wanted to argue with him and tell him that it was none of his business. Aether slid down to the floor, the corners of his eyes began to fill with tears. Luckily he wiped them away before anyone could notice. 

Xiao: "listen it's dangerous to be here-" 

Albedo: "pfft, and what are you gonna do" 

Xiao had it up to his neck already with this idiot from when he first laid eyes on him. 

Xiao: "listen, I'm not here to fight you- would you please leave" 

Albedo wasn't about to let some short know-it-all ruin his life. The grey hair male walked up to the adeptus with a smile on his face. 

Albedo: "or what~?"

They were in a dark shadow and aether couldn't make out anything of their conversation. The yaksha stepped forward near the other males ear, his eyes were glowing a bright yellow colour. 

Xiao: "listen, I don't know who you think you are. Leave now before I scratch the shit out of you on a chalk board" 

His voice sounded so intimidating and dominate in that moment, Albedo hesitated and left. 

It was evening, aether visited the inn to see xiao. He was on the balcony as usual.

Xiao: " I don't know why you put so much trust in that albedo of yours.."