It's Something!

Chapter 23. Love Is Like One Of Taylor Swift's Taste In Boys: Bittersweet

Alexa POV

Heaven.

I felt like I was in heaven. He was my Romeo to my Juliet. He was my milk to my shake. He was the freaken Tyler to my Hoechlin. He was the rainbow after a storm.
I lov- no no we only met 3 months ago. I couldn't possibly love him could I?

No I don't love him... right? I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt him carry me upstairs. "What do you think you are doing Nate." I mumble at the nape of his neck.

"Shhh" he whispered opening my room. He set me down on the bed and he laid right beside me.

I stayed quiet as I thought through my shenanigans. Do I love him? Isn't it to soon?

"Alexa did you listen to me..."

I shook my head in no and stare deeply into space. "Hey, hey sweetheart are you okay." he asked alarmed immediately putting a hand towards my forehead. I grab his hand and grip it reassuringly, before turning my back towards him. I'm not to sure about my feelings towards Nathan. What if this is just a simple crush and all a joke about him being my mate? No no. I am his mate. And I am absolutely sure that this is not a joke. I even saw him shift!

What is love anyway? What are you suppose to feel? What are you suppose to know about love? How does love work? Is it just a simple illusion?

So many questions for one word. Love...

I was brought back from my thoughts by Nathan, "Alexa are you sure you're okay." He said.

"Yes." I answered somehow annoyed. Why was I annoyed? "You sure-" he started but was cut short with my out burst.
"-Don't you fucking understand! I said yes! I'm fine just- just leave me alone. I don't need you breathing down my ear damn it. Just give me space." I yelled abruptly immediately regretting it as I saw a pained look flash in Nathan's eyes. He stood up and strolled out the door. "Nathan! Wait! Im Sor-" I was cut off with a slam of my door.

I flinched and lay emotionless. Tears welled up in my eyes. I was scared, heartbroken, and confused.

What now...

* * * *

Hours turned to days. Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned my pain almost unbearable. I wanted to look for Nathan and tell him why I snapped while the other enjoyed the time alone.

A knock came from my door. I perk up hoping its Nathan. The door creaked open and out came Blake.

"Soo I just got a call from 1-800-Alexa-Needs-A-Hug so I decided to answer and here I freaking am! Isn't this very subtle of me to come here to talk about your guy problems! Obviously I'm a guy not a girl but who gives a fuck about cliches! Am I right or am I right." I stare at him as his smile disappears when I stay emotionless. He sighs and sits next to my bed where I laid the past few weeks. Blake side hugs me, before he even could retract his arms I cling to him. Loud sobs get choked up in my throat but still make its way out. "Shh everything will be okay Alex. Just tell me what he did to bring out my trusty bat." he murmurs in my hair.

I shake my head vigorously. "Don't worry I won't cause him much harm."

"I-it was-n't h-him. I-t wa-was me-e.-" I hiccup. "-I told him if- That... To leave me alone. And..."

Blake winced before gripping reassuringly to continue. "It all started when he kissed me..."

* * * *

"...I don't know how I feel about him. I know I like him but it feels much deeper than just 'like' " I breath out.

"So you love him?" Blake asked quizzically.

"No- yes! I mean... I don't
know. How are you suppose to know what love is without knowing what it feels like." I chuckle dryly.

Blake stared at me before he opened his mouth. "Does he make your heart exhilarate with the simplest movements or smiles?"

I nod.

"Does he make you feel embarrassed in the littlest things."

I nod once again.

"Do you feel all giddy when he smiles or calls you endearments. Do you feel jealous when other females try to catch his attention. Does he light up your day when you are down." I nod slowly not getting where he going at. A smile creeps up his face.

"You pip-squeak are in love" he gloated.

My breath was caught in my throat. I was in love? That's what love feels like? More importantly I'm in love!?

"H-how? We barely met 3 months ago, for crying out loud!"

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" he grins.

"No, ...but now I do?" I say out loud making me sound like a retard.

I smile and jump off bed and scream as loud as I could, "I LOVE NATHAN STONE!" my smile wipes off my face when I remember what I said.

"Hey hey what's wrong I thought we figured this out. I mean seriously this is probably the only time I'll be all girly for you" Blake frowned.

"But what I said-"

"And that my friend is why apologies were made for." He says. I look at him before jumping off the bed once again and opening the door. "You deserve a woman in your life Blake and I bet once you find her she will be the luckiest gal ever!" state hurriedly.

I sprint down the stairs and slam the door as I run out the chilly side walk.
"If I were Nathan were would I be?"

* * * *

I'm lost in the woods with no food. Yup not a good mixture.

I sigh and turn around and crash into a chest. I look up and see Nathan. He had this hard look in his eyes which would make a sailor pee its pants.

"Nate-" I started but was cut off.

"No, listen Alex I don't know what happened and I don't care. You are mine! You don't have no right to say or deny being my mate because quite frankly-" He pulls me so I am flushed against his chest. "- I know you feel these sparks and the pull. And if you don't than its too late to back up because you Alexa Wesley Cole are Mine and only mine. No man is to think of you are touch you because before you even blink he will be in a puddle of blood... his blood. You are mine Alexa."