Chapter 21: Exams and losses pt1

YOU ALL ARE SO SWEET YOU MADE ME ALMOST CRY FROM UR COMMENTS AT MY LAST AUTHOR NOTE.
Anyways here's a chapter because it's the weekend and I am dying to write

No pov:
Exams are getting busier and harder as it is now Tuesday the 23rd of May.
People are approaching the library on a daily basis studying till late afternoon, club activities are closed for now till exams are over.

Xingqiu and Chongyun also find themselves lost in the study books at the library many times, leaving them with barely any time to spend together outside of school.
So to make that more bearable, they have made a habit of going over to each other's place every weekend and staying over.

Meanwhile this Xiao and Aether don't see each other much outside of classes, Aether is always at the library trying to make sure he passes every test above 90% meanwhile Xiao just does his homeworks and essays home being fine with simply passing with an average grade.

Kazuha is also often found studying besides Aether and the two friends get ready for the exams together.

Venti on the other hand just couldn't care less, he is going out in town as always, and it is said that the bartender finally gives him alcohol and made a deal that Venti will be the one entertaining the guests with music for the drinks.

Scaramouche seemed the most stressed out of everyone. His mother made him go to private classes from every single subject to ensure that he will get everything perfect.
He seemed tired every days and even more short tempered than usual. He'd snap at anyone that talked to him even if it was a simple "Hi!" or "How are you?"

Ayaka was just as usual, she was a top student 2nd best in Xingqiu's class and she was already having a few private classes from the subjects that she struggles with, ensuring her exams as well.

Scaramouche pov:

I woke up at 5 am to finish off the assignment my private teacher gave me for today.
It's like if I was in endless school.
I had school from 8am till 2pm and then I had private classes from 2:30pm till 8pm.
Then I had to do assignments so I slept around 2am. And thanks to my dear math private teacher today I only got 3 hours of fucking sleep.

I finished my assignment and started getting ready, 7am.
I walked out of my room downstairs a fe wminutes later. My mother greeted me but I didn't even bother looking at her.
She is cruel. Thinking that overworking me sill do any good.
I'm not a fucking robot. What the hell does she expect from me.
I bet she did not have the same treatment I do. I knew my grandmother and grandfather. They were sweet both with me and my mother. Never any disapproval or any objections.
So why, why does she do this?. When did I ever do something wrong?. Fucking unreadable old hag.

I arrived to school before class and went into the classroom
Sitting down next to Pallad who very obviously tensed up and shuffled over to the very side of the desk, leaning to the wall.
Yes, he was terrified of me. His family was heavily relying on our company's generosity and on their work inside the company. So once I threathened him to take everything away, he obeyed right away and stopped messing with everyone. The only people he seems to ease up with are those two weirdos from the other classes.
If he wasn't a shitty bully he could actually achieve something in life but he won't.

Mr. Zhongli came in and he waited for everyone to shut up before he spoke.

"As you already have been notified yesterday, today we will not have any exams.
The teachers and the headmaster have collectively decided to make today a special break for you all to ease up a little from.the monotone examinations and forget about the tests. As a graduating year your stress is much more reasonable and intense than the rest of the years."

The students all cheered and thanked Zhongli.

"With that said. Today you will be switching classes with people.
Your class will split into two groups"

"The first group will stay here as their regular classes till 4th period.
After that the two group switches."

"The 2nd group will have their first 2 classes in Class 12C. And the other two in Class 12A."

"The same will apply to every grade. The schedule of the groups and classes is already placed at the door and at the back on a sheet of paper."

I glaced over at the paper that was on the wall behind us.

Class collaborations:

1st & 2nd:
12A(1) - 12C(2)
12B(1) - 12A(2)
12C(1) - 12B(2)

3rd & 4th:
12A(1) - 12B(2)
12B(1) - 12C(2)
12C(1) - 12A(2)

5th & 6th:
12A(2) - 12C(1)
12B(2) - 12A(1)
12C(2) - 12B(1)

7th & 8th:
12A(2) - 12B(1)
12B(2) - 12C(1)
12C(2) - 12A(1)

"And this is why we have called you in early."

The bell's ringing ended the conversation and Zhongli split the class in half sending the 2nd half out to their first destination which is Class 12C

And I am in said 2nd half.

We arrived to the classroom of 12C and went inside, half of the students were "missing" but I could see many familiar faces.

Aether, Xiao, Venti, Hu Tao, Xiangling and-
Him. He is also here.

Mr. Tartaglia was waiting for us and set us off to choose from the remaining seats.
Everyone quickly sat down and as I was at the end of the group I couldn't really choose.

The only spare seat left ended up being right next to him.

We shared a glance and he looked away slightly with no emotion as I went to sit down.

These two periods will be hell.