Chapter 6: The Sports Festival

Your POV

"You better not make me look like a fool tomorrow! Understand?" Father shouted at me.

I only nodded, not having the strength to speak to him. Turns out that was a mistake. He grabbed my upper-arm and squeezed it tightly. I gasped in pain as he shouted in my ear and said, "Don't just nod your head! Say 'yes sir'."

"Yes sir." I said quietly.

He let me go and pushed me to the ground. He left and I sat on the floor. I looked at my upper arm and already saw the bruise forming. Shoto crept around the corner and saw the state I was in and rushed to my side. He sat on his knees and lightly grabbed my arm. I heard him hiss, maybe it looked worse than it felt. "That bastard. He keeps hurting you for no reason! It's not fair!" he said with his head down. 

"It's fine, Shoto. Besides we don't have the time to worry about that. We have the Sports Festival tomorrow." I said reassuringly. 

The look he gave me told me he didn't buy what I was telling him, but he sighed and went to his room with a quick 'Good night.'

I went to my room and closed the door behind me. I sat on my futon and sighed, "As much as I love you Shoto, tomorrow I need to prove myself. You are my rival tomorrow."

Time skip

We were sat in the waiting room for the fest. Fortunately, the bruise on my arm was covered by the PE uniform, so I didn't have to explain it. Shoto then did something that surprised me. As I was preparing to give him my declaration of war, Shoto gave one to Midoriya. 'Is it because of his quirk? It is a lot like All Might's...'

After Shoto was done, I stood up and said, "Shoto... today we are rivals. I need to prove that I belong here! I need to prove that just because I don't have the ideal quirk doesn't mean I can't still be a powerful hero. I can't do that if we end up working together. So today, we are rivals."

Shoto stood in shock, but he sighed and nodded his head, "I understand sis."

Bakugou the declared war on Shoto, but not me... odd...

We walked out to the field and everyone was cheering for us. Then, Bakugou and I were called up to give the student pledge because we tied for the entrance exam. I heard some of the general studies students whispering about us, but I didn't let it bother me. We got up there and well... Bakugou went first and he did bad. "I just want to say... I'm going to win."

The crowd was booing while I was trying hard not to cringe from second-hand embarrassment. They went silent and I approached the microphone. I glanced through the crowd and saw the giant angry fireball that was my father. I scowled a bit and took a deep breath. "Everyone, today is the day that we go out and show the world what we're made of. Do your best, prove that you belong in this school. Prove that you deserve to be here. Prove that you are strong enough to be where you are today. And if you don't like where you are today, then work toward who you want to become. That's all."

The whole arena was silent, until a few people began cheering, followed by a roaring applause from the audience. I glared in the direction of the flaming garbage can in the corner of the stadium before I turned around and walked back to my class. 

We all lined up for the first part, a race. The race began and we were off. I boosted off the ground with my flames and flew over the rest of the racers. Shoto froze them all to the ground so it was the two of us at the front. "Woah! The Todoroki twins have taken the lead!" Present Mic shouted.

We reached the next stage and it was the robots from the entrance exam. I smirked and boosted myself over them. I landed on the other side and began running. I looked back to see Shoto still behind me. I frowned and kept going to the next stage. It was the fall. Shoto slid on the ropes with his ice while I just flew over it with my flames. I landed and kept going to be met with the final stage, the minefield. I smirked and flew over this as well, leaving Shoto far behind. That was, until Bakugou caught up to me and began fighting me. I blasted small flames at him, but doing so slowed me down. Next thing I knew, I heard a loud boom and saw Midoriya flying through the air. He used me and Bakugou's shoulders as an extra propellant and got an even bigger boost. At this point I was furious, so I focused all my energy into trying to beat him. But alas, I came in second place. I looked back and saw Shoto come in fourth. I smiled out of spite and looked to the part of the stands where Father was.