Chapter 12: Do I Know You?

Third Person POV

The pained screams of Shoto Todoroki and Izuku Midoriya filled the burning forest. Their screams were full of pure pain, sorrow, and regret. Just listening to it broke the hearts of all of their classmates. It was even heard by Mr. Aizawa, who was clear on the other side of the forest. He ran to the sound of his screaming students. When he arrived, he saw Midoriya unconscious on the ground with tearstains on his cheeks and Todoroki kneeling on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. The sight broke his heart, seeing his students in such pain. 'What could have caused this?' He wondered.

Dabi was staring in horror at the unconscious girl on the floor of the bar. 'No! How? How did she still end up here?' 

Bakugou had the same expression, as he was scared and concerned for his friend, and his own safety. 

"What is she doing here?" Dabi all but screamed. 

"Did one of you grab her and pull her in? So help me god if any of you layed a finger on her you are as good as dead!" he shouted.

Everyone in the bar was shocked. "No one did Dabi, she made it through the portal on her own as an attempt to save Young Bakugou." Kurogiri calmly replied.

Dabi threw Bakugou out of his hands and into Shigaraki's hands. "What are you doing Dabi?" Shigaraki asked.

"I'm taking care of her." Dabi said while slowly lifting Y/n's head into his lap.

"Don't touch her!" Bakugou snapped.

Dabi scoffed and said, "Please, as if I'd do anything bad to her."

He gently brushed her hair out of her face. He inspected her head, checking for any injuries. After seeing no blood, he sighed in relief and said, "Good, it's probably only a small concussion."

He glanced down at her locket and smiled, "So you're still wearing this, huh?" he whispered to himself as he picked it up and opened it. The picture of him and Y/n when they were kids greeting him along with his message to her inscribed on the inside.

Happy birthday sis, 

Love, Touya.

Dabi smiled at the sight before closing the locket. He took off his jacket and bundled it up as a pillow for her to use. He looked back and saw the others staring at him, including Bakugou. In fact, Bakugou was raging in his restraints at the sight of Dabi with Y/n. Dabi chuckled and said, "What are you going to do now? Huh?"

Shigaraki then said, "Dabi. A word."

Dabi sighed and reluctantly followed his leader. "What was that about? Is she special to you or something?" Shigaraki asked.

Dabi sighed again and shouted, "So what if she is? So what if she's the only person left that I genuinely care about?"

Shigaraki laughed and said, "It's not a bad thing, I just don't like not knowing things. So what is she to you?" 

"Do I have to give you an honest answer?" Dabi asked.

"I mean I could just kill her." Shigaraki threatened.

Dabi's eyes lit ablaze and he said, "If you lay even one of your grimy fingers on her-"

"Easy Dabi. I was joking. I can see that the girl means a lot to you, so I'll keep her alive." Shigaraki said.

They went back out to see Bakugou staring at the girl, concerned. Dabi knelt beside her and gently picked her up bridal style. Shigaraki pulled out a chair and placed it next to Bakugou, and once Dabi put her down, tied her to it.