Chapter 8: Internships

Your POV

Woah. I didn't expect that Shoto was going to actually go with Endeavor. I looked at him and asked, "Are you sure?" 

He nodded and said, "Yeah. But don't get me wrong, I haven't forgiven him."

I tilted my head and asked, "Then why are you going with him?" 

"Because despite the fact that he's a jerk, he is still the number two hero. He knows things about being a hero that others don't know." he replied.

'So he's exploiting him... wow Shoto, I didn't know you could be so cold.'

"Are you coming with?" he asked.

I shook my head. "As much as I love the idea of exploiting Father's experience and knowledge, being under his command for a week doesn't sound very exciting." I replied.

"Then who are you going with?" he asked. 

"Well, I got an offer from the number four hero, so I'm going to go with him." I replied.

"Best Jeanist?" Shoto said.

I nodded my head and noticed someone's head perk up from the corner of my eye. "Are you kidding me?" Bakugou said.

I looked at him and he said, "I have to spend all week with you?" 

'Oh no...'

Time skip

We were standing in the train station, about to leave for our internships. I looked at Shoto and said, "Have fun with Father."

"But we aren't having these internships to have fun, and besides I don't think time with Father has ever been fun." Shoto replied, dense as a pile of bricks.

Like I know I'm kind of dense and I don't know a lot, but this boy takes being dense to a whole new level. "I didn't mean literally- you know what never mind." I replied.

We parted ways and I walked over to Bakugou. 'Ugh... why did we both have to choose Jeanist?'

We boarded our train and sat across from each other. We rode in the train for a few hours not saying a single word. Finally, it was our stop. We got off and walked to Best Jeanist's agency. Once there, we were met with a receptionist who sent us straight upstairs. We walked into Best Jeanist's office and approached his desk. "Ah, Bakugou, Todoroki, it's good to see you both made it on time. Now, go change into your hero costumes and meet me right back here." Best Jeanist said.

We turned around to go change, but we were stopped by Jeanist saying, "Oh I almost forgot. You have to wear these."

I turned back around and saw Jeanist holding two pairs of blue jeans. I grabbed mine and walked into the nearest changing room. I changed and went back out. Once Bakugou was out, Best Jeanist led me and Bakugou to a room where he had Bakugou sit down in a chair. Bakugou struggled, so Jeanist tied him up. He combed down Bakugou's hair, even though it took a while. They talked about hero names and how Bakugou should pick one that represents the kind of hero he wants to be. Once they were done, Jeanist had me sit down and started doing my hair. "So Todoroki, I saw that your hero name was Okami, correct?" he asked.

"Yeah, that's it." I replied.

"Why pick a name such as that? Not that it's a bad name, I'm just curious." he asked.

"Oh um, my brother came up with it when we were younger." I replied.

"Half and Half came up with that?" Bakugou asked.

"No, I mean my older brother, Touya." I replied, a hint of sadness in my voice.

Best Jeanist softly gasped, "Oh, I'm so sorry."