Chapter 9: Coffee

This is kind of just a fluff chapter, nothing major happens here.

Your POV

I was sitting in my dorm room at Best Jeanist's agency, which were provided to Bakugou and I. I was sitting on my phone, not really doing anything important, when I got a text from Midoriya. It was just his location. 'I wonder what that's about.'

Time skip

Ring Ring...

Ring Ring...

Shoto's calling me?

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey sis, um you haven't seen the news, have you?" he asked.

"No?" I replied.

"Okay, um so I might as well tell you what happened before you watch the news. So I got involved in an incident with the Hero Killer." he explained.

My heart dropped, "What? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Just a couple of small injuries." he replied.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Well that's good, but how'd you get involved with the Hero Killer?" I asked.

"Well, Father and I were working last night in Hosu City, and then I got a text from Midoriya that was just his location. Since it was nearby I ran to go check it out. That's how I got involved in the Hero Killer's attack last night." he replied.

"Oh that's what that text was about? Huh, anyway, I'm just glad you're okay. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you too." I said.

"Well I'm okay, so there's no need to worry," he said.

Time skip

I am going to be adding an OC for like two seconds for drama and he probably won't appear again, but who knows.

We got back from the internship and were back at school, just in time for final exams. Everyone was stressing about the test, but I felt pretty comfortable with it. In the midterms, I placed in the top five, so I figured I'd do fine. A lot of people were doing a study group at Momo's house, and I respectfully declined. The Yaoyorozu family is the leader of a very rich support company. I've been to their house before, back when I was like ten. Needless to say, I was not happy with it. We were there for a hero convention party thing, and my siblings and I were forced to attend. Father kind of just left us to our own devices while dragging Shoto along with him. I stood in a corner by myself when a boy with black hair, the oldest Yaoyorozu son, approached me. He started teasing me about how I was alone and looked pathetic, and then he saw my scar. I remember the exact words he said, "Oh wow, that scar is ugly. It's a good thing that you have it because it helps distract people from just how ugly your face is."

Ever since that day, I cut my hair so I had bangs that covered the scar, and I swore to never set foot in the Yaoyorozu mansion again. I've yet to break that promise and I sure as hell don't plan on breaking it. The first time I ever had my scar uncovered since then was when I was at Best Jeanist's agency. I noticed everyone staring at it from time to time. Random strangers on the street, the other sidekicks, Best Jeanist, and even Bakugou. The whole time I felt so exposed, but I knew better than to go against the wishes of a pro hero, I mean Father always hit us if we disobeyed him, why would Best Jeanist be any different?

Anyway, it was the weekend and since Father insisted on training Shoto by himself, I decided to go out for some coffee. I walked into a shop and ordered some coffee. Just as I was about to sit down, I heard some very familiar shouting. I looked over to where it was coming from, and I saw Kirishima and Bakugou... studying? If you could call it that. It was basically just Kirishima doing random problems while Bakugou was hitting him on the head with a roll and shouting that he was doing it wrong. I chuckled at the sight and Bakugou looked over at me. "Freezer burn?" he asked.

I waved and awkwardly said, "Hi." 

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

I gestured toward the coffee in my hands and said, "Coffee." 

Kirishima smiled and said, "Well I could use a break, why don't you sit down?" 

I looked at Bakugou for approval, and he only groaned and said, "Fine."

I grabbed a chair and pulled it up to their table before sitting down. "So where's your brother?" Kirishima asked.

"He's at home doing some... training." I said, trying to mask the sourness in my tone at the last part. 

Kirishima seemed to miss it, but Bakugou caught it. It upset him. 'Wow, he... actually cares?' I thought to myself while taking a sip of my coffee. 

Kirishima's stomach rumbled and he said, "Oh, uh I'll be right back."

He ran away and I chuckled a bit. I noticed Bakugou turn a little red at that. I furrowed my eye brows out of confusion and Bakugou said, "What?"

I looked at him and hummed with a confused tone. "What are you confused about?" he said pointing at my eye brows. 

"Oh, I was just wondering how you could be warm." I said.

"Huh?" he said.

"Well your face was kind of red, so I assumed you were warm, but that made no sense because it isn't hot in here." I replied.

He turned even more red at that. "No you idiot! I wasn't warm it was just... something else." he mumbled the last part, making it hard for me to hear. 

It totally wasn't Y/n's cute little chuckle, that's a stupid idea and definitely not what happened. (Wink wink)

I looked at the inside of my coffee cup and noticed that it was empty. I then looked at my phone and noticed that I should be getting home soon, so I stood up and said, "Well it was nice chatting, but I have to go."

I waved and began walking away. "Wait!" Bakugou shouted.

"What?" I asked, turning back around.

"I don't have your number yet, and I was wondering if I could have it." he said quietly, his face turning a little red in the process.

I smiled and said, "Sure."

We traded phones and put our contact information in. Once I got my phone back, I looked at the contact name he used, and to no surprise he put Lord Explosion Murder.

__________________________________________

Can I just say that those of you in the comments are a mixture of the nicest and funniest people ever. Like reading your comments never fails to bring a smile to my face and will make my entire day. So here's a big thank you <3.