Chapter 05

"Look, dear, this is for your own good and didn't you say that you want to help us?" Taehyun's mom tried to reason that only made him scoff

"By help you mean giving away your son and marrying him off to a total stranger just to benefit your business, is that it?"

Taehyun can't believe what he was hearing, earlier he has already a bad feeling about this celebrating shenanigans and boy was he right all the time.

'This original owner does not have the freedom and I can no longer say that he is lucky, what a bunch of parents he has'

"We've talked about this young man and you can't do anything about it besides originally your wedding should've took place 3 weeks ago but no you just have to end your-"

Huening Kai's eyes widen and had put his utensils down, "Uncle!," He then smiled at him awkwardly, ".. isn't that like going beyond the line? Saying something like that will hurt him"

Taehyun's dad calmed at the words of the younger and glared at his son, "Your wedding will take place two days from now and you better not think of running away"

Being the competitive person he is, he stared at him right in the eyes as if challenging him, "and if I did run away, then what?"

The youngest among them did his best not to succumb to his inner demon and resist his urge of laughing, "Taehyun-ah, stop it you dumbass" he whispered

The oldest pointed his finger at him, "You insolent child! How dare you look and speak to me that way!!"

He was about to release his anger on him when in his mind he felt a sudden pull and he snorted, 'Is this your way of saying to stand down, Taehyun-ah? Coward'

The latter just glared at the older and stood up, "Being an orphan is better than having you as my parents" he immediately left and disregarded the calls of his father.

As much as Huening Kai wants to follow the older he can't because Taehyun's mom stopped him saying that all he wants right now is space and peace. Taehyun, who was wandering around the villa was glad that no one followed him or he will really throw hands.

"Yah, Taehyun-ah, your life's fucked up and I don't want to continue living it for you" he said as he kicked a pebble and was frozen onto his state when he heard that it hit the water

He suddenly look ahead and smiled widely the moment he saw a lake.

"Who knew this fucking trip would be a blessing in the skies? All I have to do is to jump right?."

He walked quickly as he tries to close the gap. "We need to switch back, Taehyun." He determinedly said while taking of his jacket, shoes and he finally jumped.

Enduring the dark surrounding he roamed his eyes to search for the soul of Taehyun and when he did he tried his best to swim towards him. But as he swam farther Taehyun's soul seems so unreachable.

'Damn it! I can't give up now!'

He felt hope slowly emerge from his heart when Taehyun reached his hand out to him, he tried and tried reaching it until their fingers touched.

A sudden flash of memories came rushing into his mind that he had no choice but to remove his hand and hold his head because it was hurting him

He saw Taehyun who has teary eyes at the Han River with a guy who looks like a year older than him in front of him wearing a cold expression.

"Is it because I'm a Kang that you can't even spare your time and pay attention at me?" Taehyun's voice cracked

"Aren't I already doing that?" Says the other.

The scenario changed, "We'll get married tomorrow, hyung"

"But it still wouldn't change the fact that I won't ever love you."

Then the scenario changed again but with Taehyun's tears gushing out and the other has his back facing him

"W..why can't you love me?"

The older turned around with his eyes lifelessly staring at him and then pointed the river, "If you jump at the river then maybe I'll consider loving you."

Taehyun was brought back to reality as he felt someone shaking his body aggressively and gasped as he can now finally breathe. His attention went to a certain someone who was crying and shouting at him

"What do you think you're doing?!! I left you for a second and then I'll find you at the lake drowning?!!"

When Taehyun's mom stopped Huening Kai from following the older he obliged but minutes later he felt something wrong so he decided to follow his guts and find the older. And boy was he right that he followed his guts as he saw Taehyun's clothes at the ground with the water moving implying that he had already jumped.

He didn't waste any second and dived to save his drowning friend.

Taehyun looked at him blankly and squirm out of his grasp as he tries to go back at the lake only for the younger to tighten his grasp.

"Let me go!! I need to go home, let go!!" His voice started to raise.

Huening Kai's tears didn't stopped from escaping his eyes, "Alright, alright, we'll go home. Come on let's leave this place."

"No! Let me go!," Maybe it was because he was drowning at the lake for too long that even though he knew he's much stronger than the younger his strength gave up on him. He still did his best to get out of the younger's grasp, "please let me go"

"How foolish of me to bring you here. Come on, hyung, let's bring you home." Was the last words Taehyun heard as he passed out due to lack of oxygen and anger