Chapter 14

"What took you so long?" Beomgyu asked with his brow raised and signaled his secretary that he'll take it from here. After nodding he looked at Taehyun one last time and took her leave.

The younger rolled his eyes and walked to the nearing couch that he can find inside his office but before he could do so he sent Beomgyu's dad a wink. His dad smiled in satisfaction and nodded, 'As expected from my son in law'

"I got lost, alright? Thank goodness your secretary saw me" he lied and thankfully because of his out of the world lying skills the older believed him

"Then, will you stay here or go home? I still have a meeting to finish so I can't entertain you"

His eyes squinted as he saw the untouched paper bag at the top of his table. He stood up to get it, "Eat before going to the meeting, it was said to me that you haven't ate anything since yesterday"

"I can't I need to go.." seeing the tension surrounding the wedded couple, the older Choi coughed and excused himself since he's done his part he can now leave

"Then be careful on your way, Dad" Taehyun hadn't realized what he said as he continued to arrange the food at the table in front of the couch

While the father and son duo stilled in their position before processing what he said. A smile appeared on their face, "Aiyaa, how come you're much more filial than my own son, Taehyun-ah? I knew I could count on you"

Beomgyu rolled his eyes, "Just go, Dad" his father chuckled and bid his goodbye

"Sit" Taehyun ordered without looking at him, Beomgyu clenched his fist and closed his eyes as he was imagining what will the board of directors would say if he's late.

Sensing the older has no intention of obeying him he looked up and glared at him, "I don't want to repeat my word so you better come here and eat before I shove all these foods down to your throat"

Gulping, Beomgyu obeyed him without a word and silent ate the food the younger cooked for him. He smiled and thought that it was worth it, he never touched any food because it doesn't taste the same as Taehyun's cooking.

Seeing his reaction Taehyun thought the same and shook his head, 'Don't tell me I have to do this everyday?'

Imaging him cooking for Beomgyu's breakfast, lunch and dinner made his spine chilled but he internally sighed as he remembered what he said earlier and that is to take care of him in Taehyun's stead. Seeing that Taehyun really loves this dumbass he'll just go with the flow.

"Can I go now?" His eyes suddenly opened when he heard the older speak, he saw the food he cooked vanished, 'He really likes my cooking?'

Looking at the time, it was now 1:21 pm and the older has kept the board of directors waiting for how many minutes now.

"Oh, sure" he dryly said while putting the dishes back to the paper bag

After finishing cleaning he saw Beomgyu still standing, he confusedly looked at him, "What are you standing stupidly for? Don't you have a meeting?" He asked as he carefully stood up not wanting his headache to get worse

"Are you leaving?"

The latter made a duh expression, "I want to rest" was the only words he responded and the older nodded.

Once again his eyes started to get blurry no matter how much he blink his eyes so he turned to Beomgyu, "Can you find me a cab? I don't think I can drive"

Not wanting to be a nuisance, the older nodded and order Yuna to do what his husband's want while he straightly headed at the meeting room. What he finds weird was they were patiently waiting for him, no bad remarks, glares and whatnots

When they saw him they stood up and greeted him, he blinked twice to see if it's real and it is, 'What's with them?'

Back to Taehyun, he had successfully find a cab and he was now leaning on his sit while his headache was worsening. He wanted to curse so bad because he has never felt this pain before, his head was throbbing as if someone's hammering it, his heart beating furiously and sweating hard, what's happening to him?

After thanking the driver he went out and staggered to his feet. He never thought how hard walking is until he experienced it.

"Fuck"

He unsteadily walk upstairs with one thing in his mind 'to get in the bedroom immediately before he pass out' that way anyone who'll see him will only think he's sleeping. The throbbing of his head worsen as he went inside of the bedroom and tears started escaping his eyes before he knows it.

'it hurts'

'Taehyun-ah, come here'

Huh? Who was calling him? He looked around but saw no one.

'I'm sorry, Taehyun-ah'

Hearing those words he immediately opened his eyes but only for a second when his surrounding turned dark with his pulse being faint