Chapter 17

After Beomgyu arrived with his food the three decided to go home and just visit him again or maybe they'll do it when he's already at home. Now that there is only him and Beomgyu, the room was enveloped with silence only hearing his utensils clash with the dish.

Having his third bite, he stopped and looked at the older who's focused in his phone not paying him any attention, "psst.."

Beomgyu looked at him with a brow raised, "What?"

"Have you eaten?" He asked

"Yes"

Lie..

Taehyun nodded and the older thought he will leave him alone but he's wrong, "Come, eat with me. The food you've ordered is too much for me so let's share"

"Didn't you heard me? Or should we need your ears to get checked?"

The younger let out a smile that was irritating to him, "You should come here while I am still asking nicely"

A sudden chill went to the older's spine and even if he doesn't want to he still walked and sat at the chair beside the hospital bed

"Now, what?"

"Eat," he says as he gave the older his chopsticks and brought the foods closer to him so that it'll be much more easier for him, "..after I'm discharged I'll cook your food to serve as repayment for looking after me while I was unconscious"

Beomgyu choked, "L..looked after you? You wish" he cleared his throat and focuses on the food not eyeing the younger who has a sly smirk plastered on his face

"Oh yeah? But Yeonjun hyung told me otherwise" he says with a hint of teasing, clearly enjoying making the older's face turn red

Beomgyu immediately looked at him with an annoyed expression and pointed the chopsticks at him, "What lies is that old hag spewing? Don't listen to him. I don't like skipping work, okay??"

"Says the one who skipped work even though he hates it but still did it for my sake. Be truthful for once, hyung" he then laughed loudly making the older stilled for a few seconds.

'hyung? Why did it felt different?' Beomgyu thought.

Decided that he has had enough of teasing the older, he looked at him with a small smile, "So, I've heard something from Huening Kai"

"What did you hear about?" He asked without looking at him and still continues to eat

"That the board of directors disrespects and bullies you" the older smiled bitterly

"They just thinks that I am unfit to be one of the CEOs of CHline but nothing that I can handle. I've been proving them wrong for years.."

Taehyun nods and his eyes softens as he listens and watches the older. Seeing him this close again his judgement when the first time he saw him standing at the altar was not wrong.

If his solomons at his world considers him as perfect then the older would be the definition of  beyond perfection. Ethereal. His visual is out of this world. But he won't just admit that loudly, no one can ever know

"You skipped work for a week straight, aren't you afraid they'll use it against you? You should've just let me die here"

Without him knowing Beomgyu's expression turned ugly and it piqued the younger's interest who was seeing his expression at the 1st class seat.

"Why would I be afraid of some stupid old hags? And seriously? My husband's life is much more important than those hags"

Taehyun's smile widened, "Ooh, so you admit that I am your husband, huh?"

He sassily looked at him to hide his flustered face, "If you're not my husband then what are you?"

"A perfect human being, of course," he proudly said but the older just glared at him and put down the chopsticks, "You are making me lose my appetite, shut it, Kang"

"Since I am your 'husband', aren't I already a Choi?" He continued to tease him and to tell you, Beomgyu was this close on knocking him to sleep and was having second thoughts why he chose to look after him rather than going to work.

Seeing his gloomy expression, he couldn't help but to laugh loudly and think that his husband was cute, 'I haven't laugh this loudly for a long time and since when was I this confident?'

The things that Beomgyu was doing to him unknowingly...

As the older finishes eating, Taehyun chose to get up from the bed because it was uncomfortable lying down for a week and cleans after Beomgyu.

"Have you had enough sleep? well never mind just by seeing your dark circles I'll assume not. So, go and sleep at the bed, we'll fit anyways" He said while looking straight at the older's eyes who immediately scrunched his nose at what he heard

"You are making me sleep on a hospital bed?" He slowly asked as he can't believe what he was hearing

"You act like you haven't slept on one. Just go and lie before I change my mind and let you sleep on the floor"

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and did as what the younger said. As soon as his body met the bed he immediately drifted off to sleep and when Taehyun saw this he thought that the older really did not have enough sleep. He went closer at the bed and sat on it while staring at the sleeping bear.

"You are not that bad as I thought you were," if it wasn't for the memories he saw at the han river then maybe he might've fell for him at this rate.

He wasn't feeling any butterflies in his stomach and it made him glad, because in his vocabulary butterflies are a warning sign and instead of feeling butterflies he felt very comfortable, maybe that's why he was showing sides he has not shown to anyone before in his world.

He softly looked at the sleeping Beomgyu and smiled a little, "Goodnight, hyung"