8|CONFUSED

|CHAPTER 8 |

~CARL'S P.O.V~

When I kissed lee, I don't know what was running through my mind.

It felt as if everything just stopped, it was just her and I alone in my world. I enjoyed kissing her but she did not, she did not even kiss me back. I know what I did was wrong because i'm dating Madison.

I hope Madison doesn't find out about my kiss with lee or rather me kissing lee. I don't think she'll take it lightly. she'll blame it all on her.

Kissing Other People by Lennon Stella

You know the club shuts down
When the lights come on
You know the game is done
When somebody wins
And when the days get cold
Put away your summer clothes
Don't have to ask yourself
"When did it end?"

But how do you know?
How do you really know
That you're not holding on anymore?

Kissing other people
Oh yeah, that's how I know that your love is gone
That's how I know I'm really moving on
'Cause I don't feel guilty kissing other people
Oh yeah, losing myself in a new someone
That's how I know I'm really moving on
'Cause I don't feel guilty kissing other people

After all my classes are wrapped up, I notice that lee was not present in any of them. Thoughts kept on running through my mind through out class. I want even paying attention I just wanted class to end.

Could it be because of the kiss? Has she changed schools? Does she hate me for what I did? I know she despises me but would her hate reach this far?

I am so confused and I keep on questioning myself. I see blake with one of her friends and I decide to ask her about lee because shes her bestfriend and probably the best person to ask.

Even if i wanted to ask Leo, I wouldn't because of our previous incident. It would be weird for me to ask him about her after the car incident.

I walk over to blake and ask if I can talk to her privately. I don't want people spreading false rumours about me and lee.

I ask blake what is up with lee and why she didn't show up for classes and she tells me that she caught a cold that's why she didn't show up for school.

I am a bit confused though and I don't buy that story because we are in summer and if she caught a cold I would probably have it too.

I take out my phone and dial her number, I call her like three to four times but she doesn't answer my calls I decide to pass by her house on my way home.

I know she won't be so pleased with my gesture but that's the least I can do.

I ask one of my friends for her address cause I don't know where she resides.

I drive over to her place. I reach the address I was given. Her house is small, It isn't as big as my house but it looks comfortable. It's a two story hut shaped with a chimney on the left and a few stairs by the entrance, some flower pots and it has a few trees behind it.

I knock on her door and no one answers, I try again but no one comes. I try knocking for the last time and no one comes to the door again.

I decide to live but as I am leaving, I see the door open adjur and lee puts her head out to check for the person who was knocking.

when she sees me, she quickly tries to shut the door but I stop her by putting my foot at the door.

She is very pissed, I force myself inside and notice a fading hand print on her face, a bandaged foot and she is holding her side of the stomach as if in pain.

I quickly walk up to her and ask her if everything is okay but she stops me from touching her and she tells me that she fell down the stairs that's why, but that doesn't explain the hand print on her face.

I don't want to push her to tell me or rather pry, I would be imposing on her privacy and plus we're not even close friends or even friends.

She already dislikes me, I wouldn't want anything to make it worse than it already is. I'm trying to work on our friendship.

"What are you doing here", she questions me.

I scratch the back of my head and look down at my foot looking for a reasonable answer to give her because I don't even know what I am doing here myself.

"Uhm well, honestly I'm not too sure."

She looks at me and gestures for me to leave.

As I am making my way out I don't know what gets into me and I start gushing out everything I had bottled up.

"Okay lee, you want to know why I'm here. I'm here because I kissed you and you didn't respond to my kiss. I walked away after kissing you like a coward without apologizing for putting you in such an awkward position, when I noticed that you weren't in school today I felt like it was all because of me I felt so guilty and decided to come over because that's the least I can do for acting like a dick head and I'm sorry for putting you in such a situation. I know you hate me and I'm really trying to work on our friendship. I would like us to be friends and_"

"But we're already friends." She cuts me off.

"You know what I mean lee, friends don't ignore each other. You act as if you don't know me."

"And friends don't kiss friends." She blurts out," so technically you're right we're not friends. "

I look at her and smirk. "If it makes you feel any better, you can slap me. Lightly. "

She slaps me and it is not a light slap, I honestly did not expect her to slap me. That caught me off guard. It was just a figure of speech and I got the slap real hard straight to my right cheeck.

After slapping me, she laughed while holding her ribs, it seemed as though her ribs were paining cause the laugh did not last for long. She stopped laughing and she winced in pain.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I question her.

"Yes I'm sure I just need to take a shower and sleep, so byeee!!" She gestures for me to leave once more.

I do the unexpected, I hug her. Kiss her forehead and I walk out while she remains in her position in shock.

*******************

A/N: Carl's been acting weird lately, what do you think about his recent behavior?