28|FREEDOM

|CHAPTER 28|

The police had word from the private investigator working with them that Betty's accomplices were in the area

The police had word from the private investigator working with them that Betty's accomplices were in the area. They immediately took action and followed up and navigated a plan to get them apprehended. They didn't have enough proof to arrest them on the kidnapping charges because the only thing they had was a word from the guy that overhead him saying that he was helping someone hold a girl captive. That was not evidence enough.

But thankfully, morris Murray the buff guy who was popularly known as big moose in the street had a pending arrest for violating his parole. Hence it was easy to apprehend him, amongst that, he was found in possession of drugs and having unregistered weapons on him. Then the other guy Chris Williams was arrested for having drugs as well as unregistered dangerous weapons.

That gave the police the opportunity to question them on what they knew about betty's whereabouts while they were still in prison. The interrogation took hours until one of them finally cracked and talked, but he negotiated with the police to lessen his sentence in exchange for his information.

He confessed on camera to how he was an accessory to the crime. He told the police about Betty's whereabouts and they immediately took action upon hearing that. Because they knew that Betty was armed and dangerous they had the SWAT team with them. The whole building was surrounded by feds both on land and in the air.

The place Lee was being kept captive of was an isolated Bushey location. It looked like an abandoned warehouse. Just looking at it gave the creeps. The paint from the building was wearing off. When the police informed the Faiths that they had an improvement on the case and that they might have known where Lee was being kept captive the Faiths were so overwhelmed. That's the only piece of information they were given because the feds didn't want anything to go wrong or for the news to be leaked and for Betty to get alarmed and run away.

Thankfully the scheme went as planned. The police negotiated with Betty. She demanded an escape car in exchange for letting Lee go. But the police knew that she had other plans in mind. They provided her with the escape car that she wanted but they stayed alert.

When she walked out of the door with Lee in front of her and a gun pointed at her head. The police knew that they had to comply with whatever she wanted or she would not hesitate to shoot Lee in the head.

Lee had lost a lot of weight, her body was covered in scrapes of blood and she had wounds on her. She looked very pale and tired. Like she was tired of everything and she wanted it to end.

The chief in command that had been talking to Betty spoke over the loudspeaker. "The car you wanted is on your right. Let go of the girl you have what you wanted. One last time Betty, one last time. surrender yourself without putting yourself in harm's way."

What he had said infuriated Betty. She tried to pull the trigger but the cops outran her as one of them shot her in the hand that had the gun pointed at Lee's head and the gun fell to the ground and they forthwith ran towards her and seized her.

It all happened so fast and the next thing they knew, Lee was laying on the ground probably feeling pestered from everything that took place.

The medics took Lee and placed her on the stretcher and wheeled her to the ambulance. While the other medics put Betty on a stretcher as well while both of her hands were cuffed to the wheeler on each side to avoid any sinister plans from her. But her wounded hand was treated with care.

The ambulance Betty was put in was highly guarded with police cars following it behind. They knew how slick Betty was and for a fact, she couldn't stop at anything to get what she wanted.

****

The Faiths, Leo, Carl, and Madison were informed about Lee being found and they all gathered at the hospital to which she was sent. They wanted to be there when she woke up. She had been unconscious for several hours and they waited on the doctors to give them any piece of information on how she was fairing.

The doctor surmised and gave the Faiths her finding because they were her caregivers at the time of her abduction. According to the tests taken, she was diagnosed with Denial, shock, numbness, post-traumatic disorder, guilt, prolonged depression, dehydration, and a sense of helplessness. Which were all a result of her absconding. She needed to go into therapy for her to heal progressively. This event took a drastic tore on her mental health.

She felt guilty because she didn't know what had happened to Betty she didn't know if she was alive or dead because according to her. If Betty had died it was all because of her. It was hard for her to despise Betty because according to her Betty needed psychotic help. Even after everything Betty had done to her, she was still in denial, she failed to believe the events that took place.

Due to circumstances surrounding her absconding. The police were strict on who went in and out of Lee's hospital room. Only close friends were allowed to go in and visit her. Her room was being monitored by two police officers because they didn't know if betty had any other accomplices who would want to finish off her job for her.

The Faiths were allowed to go in once she awoke together with the Blues (her new kin) and her close friends. She was hooked to different tubes with intravenous fluids connected to her veins through a drip due to her body being dehydrated and malnourished. It was hard for her to piece everything that had happened to her together. she wanted to know how she found herself in the hospital or how she got rescued or where Betty was. The last thing she remembered was hearing a pop sound and dropping down to the ground. Blur images of people in police uniforms approaching her and Betty and people calling on the ambulance then her vision became a black haze.

This city by Sam fischer playing in the background.

🎵This city's gonna break my heart (oh, yeah)
This city's gonna love me then leave me alone (it's gonna love me then leave me alone)
This city's got me chasing stars (oh)
It's been a couple months since I felt like I'm home
Am I getting closer to knowing where I belong?
This city's gonna break my heart (hey, yeah)
She's always gonna break your heart🎵

She had so many questions running through her mind and she needed answers. She was so paranoid and scared. She flinched when anyone touched her. She just zoned out and went into her world she became vacant, staring into the distance. She was dissociated from everything that was currently happening. She was still caged in her mind, she was still in a captive dark place. All the shimmer and shine in her eyes was lost and replaced with sorrow and sadness. All thanks to Betty.

*****

Her life wasn't going to be the same after this. A lot of things were going to change in her life. She has to learn to trust her friends again and she has to adapt to her environment again.

------------------------

Okay eh, guys I know I took time to update but bare with me. I was so busy with only God knows what.
Time:00:46AM
Siesta!!

Time:00:46AMSiesta!!