26|FLASHBACK

|CHAPTER 26|

Snap by rosa linn playing on the background

It's 4 am
I can't turn my head off
Wishin' these memories would fade
They never do
Turns out people lie
They say, "Just snap your fingers"
As if it was really that easy for me to get over you
I just need time

Snapping one, two
Where are you?
You're still in my heart

Lee hunched on the stool she had been hooked up to for six days now, only being untied when letting loose. She cried every night for someone to save her. She lost hope of ever being found. She was on the verge of losing her sanity and sense of being. Her health was deteriorating but Betty didn't mind. Lee just wanted to die rather than suffer in the hands of Betty and her confederates who were not any better than Betty.

Lee thought to herself what life would have been like if she had grown into a different family or perhaps if her parents hadn't passed on.
She thought to herself the only thought that had always eaten her up, the only thought she had been asking herself all her life if her Dad remained strong for her, how could things have been? She wondered if things could have been different or the same? She wondered if her daddy were still around would he have wanted to keep her or he would have given her up for adoption or to his relatives or even worse to Betty. She didn't want to blame her Dad for leaving her but she thought to herself how he played a part in bringing her into this world and he had to be strong for her.

All I want by kodaline playing

All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die as a happy man I'm sure

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side

But if you loved me
Why did you leave me

One thing Lee didn't realize is the fact that Her daddy loved her so much. He wanted to see a specialist and to go for counseling, he wanted to get help for her. He was willing to give up drinking and be a better father. He was depressed because he had made a lot of plans on how to raise lee with his wife, Lee's mum. He didn't know how he was going to do everything on his own without Lee's mum around. He felt incomplete. Lee's striking resemblance to her mum played a role too. He saw her in Lee. Each time he looked at her it dawned on him that his wife was no more, she was gone. She was five feet under.

One thing no one knew was that Lee's fathers horrific car accident was not caused by him driving while drunken. His brakes were tampered with and the investigators did not investigate thoroughly to find that out. They closed the case because they found alcohol in his system they surmised that it was the cause of the tragedy.

On a dreadful day, Mr.Faith had received a message from Betty asking him to meet up with her at some country bar to talk about the way forward with Lee. She told him that she wanted to help him out. Mr. faith was so desperate for any help he could get and that's how he found himself at the country bar sitting right next to Betty. He knew that Betty had a liking for him, she was attractive and all but she wasn't his type and if he was going to remarry it wasn't going to be with Betty for obvious reasons.

Betty had persuaded him over to precisely coax him and notify him that he couldn't manage to raise Lee without her help. Mr. Faith rejected the offer and Betty didn't take rejection so well. She fused and bubbled on about him not comprehending consecutively. He made it clear to her that he had made up his mind and that whatever she said or did was not going to change his mind.

Betty left the place in rage and gave a phone call to one of her guys to disturb with his car while he was still in the bar. She knew that he was not living the bar without drinking a beer to defuse himself. She knew she had time to do whatever she wanted.

Before going back to his car to drive back home, he had called Lee's Nanny to talk to lee. When lee got the phone, he had told her that he loved her so much and he promised to take her out to the park once he got home. Lee was so joyous, that is the only good memory she has of her father.

That's the only time he had ever told her that he loved her. For a six-year-old, it meant the world to her. She had neatly prepared herself, of course with the help of her nanny, she was happy because that was the first time her dad had noticed her, she was happy because she was going out with her daddy for the first time, more so she was happier because he sounded sober and promising. She had worn a blushing pink gray cotton knee-length floral dress, raven pumps with pink candy ribbons to harmonize her dress, and a unicorn hairband.

 She had worn a blushing pink gray cotton knee-length floral dress, raven pumps with pink candy ribbons to harmonize her dress, and a unicorn hairband

She waited by the foyer for her daddy to get home. But he never did. She waited and waited, she even denied getting into the house or eating because she wanted to eat as much chocolate and ice whip her daddy was going to buy for her, she wanted to go with an empty belly so that she could eat as much chocolate her belly could comprehend. According to her, if she ate anything, she was not going to be able to eat a lot of chocolates. They got tired of waiting and went back inside the house because it started to get dark and cold outside, she was so shattered. You could tell from her facial utterance, her eyes lost the shimmer they hard in them. She didn't cry though, she was just indignant with herself for believing him.

She heard a knock at the door and ran to it hoping it was her daddy. "Daddy daddy," She screamed. But to her avail, it wasn't her daddy but two Strange looking men smartly dressed in suits. They got into the house and broke down the news of the accident to both lee and her Nanny. At the time she didn't understand what was going on or why her nanny was crying. They explained to her what had happened. She was so sad she cried her eyes out the whole night. It dawned on her at six that she was a twofold orphan. After a few instants had been enacted, Lee saw an odd-looking woman budge into their house crying, that was the first time she had seen Betty.

 After a few instants had been enacted, Lee saw an odd-looking woman budge into their house crying, that was the first time she had seen Betty