20| AIRHEADS (b)

|Chapter 20|

I guess we reached our destination when I felt some hands twirling me awake and a male voice asking me to wake up.

I felt a breeze gush through my carcass and I wanted to pull up whatever was coating my body but the more I pulled it up the more it went down. I shot up with a glare on my face wanting to annihilate whoever was in sight but my glare instantly withered when I took in my surroundings.

In front of me prevailed a beach. I was so tight-lipped that I didn't know what to herald.

Rips inaugurated to mold in my eye cap. I don't know what I did to deserve such amazing friends. I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world.

"Awww, you guys. Thank you so much for this amazing surprise, I don't know what I did to deserve all of you, but you're all the best thing that has ever happened to me. This will most definitely be the best birthday Leo and I have ever celebrated." I get out of the car and yank them in a group hug. "Uhmm, speaking of which. where's Leo?" I question everyone in particular for the hundredth time today? They must be irritated.

"I just talked to him he said he'll be here soon," Chelsea responds.

"Hey lee, can I please talk to you for a minute?" Carl questions me. " yeah sure." I agree. "I'm guessing will find you guys setting up the brie stand" I continue.

we head back to the car, he gets into the driver's seat and I get into the passenger side.

"Soo.... What's the talk about?" I question curiously.

"I just wanted to know if you like our surprise?" Carl inquires looking in my eyes.

"Of course, I do like it and I appreciate your efforts, honestly only a fool would not appreciate this kind gesture," I respond.

"I know that things have been so hectic with you, I'm sorry for how I acted when I was with Madison. I should have stood up for you. I shouldn't have kept quiet like a fool when all the while you were battling all these demons on your own. If I had the chance to wipe away all your sorrows I would." Carl bellows not making eye contact with me this time.

I grab his face in my arms for him to face me and look me in the eyes. "Look at me Carl, whatever happened to me was not anyone's fault, I somehow blame myself because if I had told someone about this it wouldn't have reached the point of Betty trying to kill me, but let's look at the bright side. It's all over and done with I'm healing much faster than expected. I'll probably have nightmares till I don't know but that's what counseling is for. I've got the best support system, you guys." I pause for a second "what more could I ask for?" I enunciate.

"You're the strongest, bravest person I've ever come across I don't know how you do it." Carl expresses. With that being said he crushes his lips to mine and I kiss him back.

Something feels different though it's as if the kiss is not right. It doesn't feel right. I remember the first time we kissed or rather the first time he kissed me.

In as much as I didn't kiss him back the kiss still felt nice but this time it feels different maybe it's because I kissed Leo too. I don't know but all I know is that this kiss doesn't feel right. I didn't even realize that he has pulled away from the kiss and I am so deep in thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Carl inquires. "You seem to have gone to space" he continues.

"Yeah, I'm good," I reply.

"Anyways, I have something else to talk to you about." Carl emits with concern in his voice, which gets me worried as well. For some reason, I am praying for him not to ask me to be his girlfriend.

"Go ahead." I concede, trying to look as calm as I possibly can.

"So..., I wanted to talk to you about Leo," Carl mumbles trying hard to look at anything but me.

"What about Leo?" I poll. With a lot of thoughts running through my mind. ( Is whatever he is about to say the reason why Leo is not here? Did Carl open closed wounds? Or maybe did Leo decide not to show up?) I have a lot of assumptions galloping my mind.

My thoughts are going a mile a minute.

"Don't worry it's nothing detrimental, it's actually about Leo and yourself." I nod my head for him to continue. My nerves are getting the best of me. "Where do I even start from?" Carl questions himself. He takes a deep breath and continues." Okay so you know I like you very much right?" I nod my head to let him know to go on.

Is he trying to propose to me or something because I am not ready for a serious relationship.

"Is this some type of proposal?" I query. He chuckles this time looking into my eyes," how I wish that were the case."

"Alright then get to the case." My heart is in my butthole (I say that in my heart that is seemingly in my butthole, Ewww!) I see a light flash on my face and I look to where Carl is and I notice him holding his phone up and smiling like a 13-year-old happy to see his favorite candy store.

"Make that face more often", he wallopes while laughing. I just look at him feeling confused. I for one know that my eww face is really ugly. I don't know what he saw as amusing anyways I just shrug it off.

"Okay, now seriously what's up?" I question him with concern lacing through my voice.

He looks at his palms, takes a deep breath, and then responds." I know I've delayed you a lot with what I'm about to say I think I'm just not ready to accept reality, once I tell you what I have to tell you, you don't have to give me any response if you don't feel like it. You're not obliged to do so."

"Okay, can you please get to the point and stop beating around the bush you're making me nervous." I notify him.

He takes another deep breath and continues talking this time looking me straight in the eyes. " I don't even know where to start from I'm sorry for delaying you, we brought you here to have fun and here I am wasting your time."

I am not going to argue with him on that one because he is wasting my time.

"I-I know Leo likes you very much and I see how you also look at him. I know you have feelings for him and so does he. I know that you like him and the like that I'm talking about is not the friendship kind of like. I knew from the get-goal that you didn't feel for me the way I felt for you but I kept on pushing myself thinking maybe you'd feel the same way for me. The kiss we just had confirmed everything. The kiss was different from our first. Even if you did not kiss me back on our first kiss it still felt right but this one felt off." He goes on "when I came to your house the other day and found your lifeless body laying on the floor. I vowed to never break your heart or hurt you in any kind of way. I just want to see you happy and Leo makes you happy. I am happy if you are happy." He looks straight into my eyes. "Even if it's not with me."

I have rips in my eyes from his admission I never could have thought in a thousand years that I would be caught between a rock and an arduous place. My mind is moving a mile a minute. I am sliced between what I know in my head and what I feel in my heart.

I know that both Leo and Carl like me but who do I like?

A/N: I hope you like this chapter. This book will be coming to an end soon though but not anytime soon we still have approximately 9 chapters with Lee and then will start a new journey. Oh my God not forgetting to wish you my beautiful readers a happy new year. I love you so much. If you have been with me from the get goal I love you. Y'all are the real MVPs.