EPILOGUE (b)

I receive a distress message from Leo asking me to go to his apartment because his unwell. That message gives me a knot in my stomach. I ask Carl to take me to Leos instead. I know he has other plans or places to be but that doesn't click in my mind because my baby is unwell and the main goal is to get to him as soon as possible. I tap my fingers on my lap as if playing the piano to calm my nerves. Carl notices my discomfort and he tries to reassure me. I have so many thoughts running through my mind. I don't know how critical the situation is with him.

"Can you drive a bit faster?" I ask carl who seems to be very calm.

"Yeah sure." He responds but doesn't speed up anyway. I control myself not to snap because it's his car anyways. In no time we're parked in front of Leo's apartment complex. Carl takes out his phone to type something and I sprint out of the car because I can't wait any longer. I hear his car door bang followed by his footsteps behind me.

I reach the elevator and wait for him because I don't know what floor we're going to or what his room number is. Once his with me, we get into the elevator and he presses the key to the floor we're heading to. The elevator ride feels so long and yet it's just minutes before it opens on the floor where Leo's room is at.

Once we reach room number 303, he again pulls his phone out of his pocket and types something, I'm really running impatiently with him. He knows how serious this is and he is acting as though it's nothing.

"Is this his door?" I ask him and he nods. I knock on the door but no one comes, I try to knock again still nothing. Carl gently moves me aside and gets Leo's room card from under the doormat.

"Who leaves their room key under a doormat?" I question myself out loud but Carl responds instead.

"Leo duh, in case of emergencies like this one." I just roll my eyes. "Wait? How did you know it was going to be under the carpet?" I question him accusingly. He doesn't answer back but instead walks into Leo's apartment and I walk in after him. I stop in my tracks once I'm fully inside. My knees feel weak. My emotions are moving a mile a minute. It's a sight I will never get out of my mind.

Love me by stanaj is Playing in the background

I'ma make you a promise
Even heaven itself couldn't hold me back
I will always be honest
I'ma give you my all, baby that's a fact

Whenever you're closed off
I'ma kick in the door to your heart
Whenever your head's down
I'll be the light in your darkest night
I'ma make you a promise
I will give you my love and I won't hold back

Love Me, when I'm gone
Hold me, when I'm not strong
Show me, right from wrong
Trust me, I'm all yours
Love Me, when I fail
Hold me, when I get scared
Call me, I'll be there
Trust me, I'm all yours

You're something special
I've never seen knives look like sparkling diamonds
You came to my rescue
And I was revived knowin' you'll be mine

When I'm closed off
You kick in the door to my heart
Whenever my head's down
You are the light in my darkest night

The place is covered in red rose petals decorated on the floor as well as candle lights With balloons hanging on the ceiling and some photos of him and me, our facetime screenshots, the pictures we took at the beach, at the park, and by his tree house among others.

Leo is in black slacks, and a white dress shirt standing by the big flower wall with a will you marry me sign written in italics. My mind is trying to process everything. I can't stop the tears from rolling down my eyes. I take steady steps to where his at. Carl, Riley, Blake, and I assume that's Carl's girlfriend because she fits the description, start chanting.

I stop right in front of him and he takes out a small black box from his pocket and gets on one knee, "Every day I wake up, you're the first thought that comes to my mind. Every night before I slip into the night, images of you bombard my senses." He clears his throat and the room is filled with "Awws"

"You're extraordinary, no one has your quality and no one can ever shine the way you do. The way your eyes fill with light when you see something that makes you cheerful, the way the smallest of things make you happy. I can't imagine my life without you because it would be meaningless." He pauses. "Today, I make the most sincere promise that one heart can make to another, I promise to always be there for you. I promise to be your best friend and your biggest support system. I promise to always be there for you in good times and in bad. I'm not saying that it will all be perfect, will go through bad and good times but together, I believe we can overcome anything. With that being said, Brynlee eve faith, would you do me the honor of being my wife and making me the happiest man on earth?"

I shake my head and say yes multiple times with tears of joy and giggles and the crowd cheers. I put out my left hand for him to take and put a ring on. He puts the ring on my finger and I help him up and we hug and kiss. My ring is a 14 k white gold radiant diamond ring.

Blake and Riley come over to congratulate us followed by Carl and his girlfriend. My speculations are proven correct when he introduces her to me. She looks friendly and I think will get along pretty well because we hit it off there and then.

"She did all the decorations." Blake lets me know. "So we know who to call for the gender review party decor." We all laugh.

"Wait you all knew about this?" I question them and they agree. "You guys played it cool, I didn't see it coming. At all."

Riley pops the bottle of champagne he had in his hands and Leo hands us each a wine glass except for Blake, She has juice in hers.

Carl puts his glass up "To Lee and Leo" and the rest follow suit. "To lee and Leo."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑨𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕 🎉