Chapter 8

Vito opened the door within a second.

As I held his sister in her arms, his shot eyes wide and I walked in, laying her on the couch.

"What the fuck? Elena?!" Vito spat as he ran towards her. The rest of the brothers spilled in, all looking at me for answers.

"What did you do Russo?!" Romeo snarled.

"I found her like this." I snapped, and as I got closer towards him his lips pressed together at my height. "So don't fucking look at me."

They tried shaking her awake, some staring as I walked back out the door.

————————————————————————

~Elena~

Muffled voices.

Words that sounded like a blur of echoes, something I'd usually hear in a dream. I couldn't exactly make out what they were saying, all until I heard Elena.

My eyes flickered open, immediately narrowing from the intensity of the ceiling light. My body was in so much pain, I couldn't feel it as I groaned.

It didn't take long for me to see the figures standing around me. Great, even in death my brothers surrounded me. I couldn't ever get a break could I?

"Elena." Lucio breathed before pulling me into his arms.

"What happened?" I asked, startled by my raspy voice. I went to touch the heavy bandage on my head, wincing before Lucio pulled my hand away.

I had no idea what was going in. Tony lay on the other couch, still knocked out and just as damaged as me. The last thing I remembered was my brother swerved to avoid a pothole, and then the sound of glass exploded in my ears.

Romeo towered over me. "You were in a car accident."

"Tony's car was pretty much destroyed. I'm just glad Russo found you." Lucio continued. "We had to go back for Tony, saves him right anyway for driving like a fucking maniac."

I blinked, before his words became more apparent. Russo. The name caused me to shoot up, my eyes widening, but my quick movement caused a stinging pain in my head and I grabbed it. I don't think I'd ever been in so much pain.

Romeo made me lie down again onto my pillow. "You've got a lot of injuries. Don't move."

Despite the fact that my body was in complete agony, I couldn't recover hearing who brought me. "Cristian Russo really found me?"

Vito had an annoyed look on his face. He was pacing around the living room, his jaw ticking as always. "He brought you here."

What.

My mouth opened in shock. How did he even find me, and why did he care? That man never thought about anyone but himself.

I remained frozen in a state of disbelief, and Romeo handed me a bowl of soup while Lucio gave me 3 pills and a glass of water. "The doctor came and gave you a pain shot. Take these too."

——————————————————————————

"What the fuck happened to you?!"