What we don't see

"I don't see a wolf in the basement, Widney." Those are the words Widney didn't expect to hear from her mother. But sadly those are the words that met Widney's ears. "Are you trying to tell me you have been thinking of getting a replacement for Max? He's still got the fight in him."

Widney turns away from the open cabinet and shuts the cabinet door using her right hand looking stunned.

"I swear, he was there!" Widney said, flicking a toothpick into the trashcan. "And I can never replace Max."

"I won't tell your father about your fascination with wolfs." Widney's mother said.

"Ma,I never had a fascination with them." Widney protests.

"Yes,yes you did." Widney's Mother said. "You dressed up as a werewolf up until you were thirteen." Widney's Mother looks over to the door seeing a big hole ratty hole to the basement door. She looks back towards Widney. "You left a dog bone for Max to go after in the basement and locked it." Widney's mother folds her arms making an odd look. "Wow, I never thought you would get that cruel!"

Widney zips into the living room.

"I have a picture; with proof!" Widney said, picking up an Ipad related device from the counter. She turns it on then slides into the camera screen.

SteelJaw fortunately hadn't thought about the device Widney held around when he did some humiliating things. Things that even Galvatron would be ashamed of! Widney comes back holding the flat thin device in her hands beaming a gentle blue from the screen.Widney made sure to note mentally that she has to replace the basement door.Widney came over to her mother.

Widney's mother blinks at the picture.

"...You photoshopped this, didn't you?" Widney's mother asks,looking up from the Ipad.

Widney shook her head.

"I don't know how to photoshop, Ma." Widney said. "I am not that tech savy."

"If you say so," Widney's mother said. "I best be going; I promised your father to be there with him and face the roller coaster on loose wooden frames. Call me when you do at least have tangible proof there is a blue wolf among society in a ordinary boring world."

Widney's mother left the house.

SteelJaw just ticked off the wrong human.