Away

Platfeat waited and waited. She had waited too long for SteelJaw to mention something about a dog and a unusual human.  She had waited too long for SteelJaw.  Even when Clampdown,Fracture, and  Thunderhoof joined the group not much had gone on. Minus the whole getting caught and escaping ordeal.

Platfeat had waited too long.

"Woah!" Clampdown exclaims hopping back. "Some one smaller than me!"

"I am not small," Platfeat said.  "I am short."

"But you're so small!" Clampdown said,waving his right servo up and down.

Platfeat glares at Clampdown.

"Don't underestimate some one shorter than you," Plafeat warns Clampdown. "I have been here since you got aboard this group. My name is Platfeat."

Clampdown's optics stare at Platfeat.

"What does your name mean?" Clampdown asks.

"Achieved land,"  Platfeat said. "And your name probably means a scared clam closing its shell."

Clampdown laughs.

"Yeah!" Clampdown said. "That's what it means."

The name fit Clampdown pretty well for a coward.

________ ___________

....8:20 PM...

...Night...Crown City; in a neighborhood.

Widney held up the shot gun.

"Hey," SteelJaw said. "No intruding on here," He shook his servos. "We just need to ditch some stuff here."

"Off my property," Widney said.

SteelJaw notices there is not a toothpick sticking out the side of Widney's mouth. He did not hear the sound of dog barking from inside the house.  Clampdown looks over to SteelJaw scared out of his wits. Surely SteelJaw had some idea where else to hide their important stash.

"I don't hear barking," SteelJaw said. "And you're not chewing on a toothpick."

Widney points the shot gun near to Clampdown's foot.

B—b—bam!

The bullet lands deep in the ground. Clampdown jumps over the fence landing on his back.

"Uh boss we should be going back by now!" Clampdown said, wiggling on his back.

"Woah,woah,woah," SteelJaw said, shaking his servos.  "That's very concerning from you,Wid—"

"Don't you dare call me Wid,"  Widney snaps. "Don't you dare call me Wid again like you're some friend of mine!"

SteelJaw is puzzled.

"What could possibly have changed?" SteelJaw asks.

"Oh, I don't know," Widney sarcastically said. "Maybe ditching me when my mom came to see you? Maybe sending one of your 'Cons to kill my  best friend to finish off a loose end?"

Clampdown rolls over landing on his chest armor on the freshly wet grass.

"Aw my optics are stained!" Clampdown complains.

"What?" SteelJaw said.

"You heard me," Widney said. "I got my revenge for the first one. But killing my dog is the straw you took with me."

"Wait," SteelJaw said. SteelJaw lowers his servos.  "Max is dead?"

Widney steps forth and SteelJaw steps back.

"Don't play that act on me, ugly 'con." Widney said. "You're no longer welcomed in my house or on my land. I had to bury my best friend in the place I found him. I had to hold my dying friend and be unable to stop his pain. I couldn't put him to sleep." SteelJaw is taking steps back  tearing the fence in half. Clampdown had scurried away right across. "I HAD TO WATCH MY FRIEND SUFFER."

Never before had Clampdown seen SteelJaw be intimidated by a human.

"Max was in pain, he couldn't move, and he whined." Widney said. "You should be arrested for animal cruelty. Using paintball on your armor can never avenge a cruel death. Max cried, he cried, and I tried my best to make sure he passed with people who loved him.  The next time you come to my house I am not going to just and talk; you'll be shot on the spot in the chest cavity multiple rounds. Then you will never lay a hand on someone elses dog again."

"I wouldn't kill a dog like that!" Steeljaw said.

"You poisoned my dog with a flute," Widney said. "A small one.I saw the Decepticon symbol on the back end of the flute and I saw the alien writing inscription on the side."

"I would give a dog a more quick death not a painful one," SteelJaw said. "And if I sent one of my own to kill your dog it would not have been using a small poison dart."

"Get up and never show your face in my life again," Widney said. "I am giving both of you to the count of ten."

"Lets go boss!" Clampdown shouts, running off.

"One..." Widney counts.

SteelJaw looks over to the house with bright windows and not a sound of a dog. SteelJaw then transforms into his monster truck mode and follows after Clampdown. It was strange not to hear barking from Widney's apartment. It just seemed unnatural. The loss of Max really tore Widney into pieces. A small flute only meant a small dart was used. It also meant Widney had found it.

"So, boss, what's the next ditch spot?" Clampdown asks.

"Small flute..." SteelJaw said. "I only know one Decepticon small enough to use that..." Now SteelJaw knew it wasn't BarrelJoint who planned the paintball attack. The paintball attack made more sense but also raised more questions how Widney found him. "Only one."

"Our next spot is a flute?" Clampdown asks.

"No," SteelJaw said. "A old art store."

"I was gonna say a flute is way too small," Clampdown said. "But we could have always used the shrinking ray."