Chapter 8

We had our stories painted with a rainbow. We had our words coated with love and our promises made us hold each other in an eternal bond. We both desired to see the sunrise together kissing the morning sweetness. Craving each other’s touch we walked towards our beloved journey. I landed in a situation where I found nothing but pain and doubt. A continuous agitation along with painful memories took up my mind. I looked at him with the same eyes I had before. Nothing changed even after all these days, months, and years.

His promises didn’t change. His mind didn’t ask about his deeds. All we have is a legal paper in between us to carry forward this mess. A mess was created without any reason. A mess based on love, obsession, and power. I had my choice, I had my dreams. All shattered that day I lost a part of me. I accepted his decision to save what I had. As A Result, I lost myself in a dark pool where darkness consumed every ray of my soul.

I chose to take one last chance. A chance to find what is lost. A step to walk towards the only beam of light I saw. I died every day under him in this mansion. Every room had listened to my screams, my painful whimpers. All the floors had at least a drop of my blood to paint them red. Red is the color of love and the color of pain too. I had my word with the same person whom I saw in the mirror. She looked more disheveled now. Protrude collarbone, purple bruises, and dark circles below her eyes were the results of his love. The possession he held was the only soul that screamed like anything every day. Every day when he crushed me with his filthy touch, and unbearable abuses, I looked around to find a single source to free myself. He didn’t allow me to die after so many days. Even my death was held captive in his hand. Wasn’t that the same man I denied long back?

I denied every single right as I signed my deal with him. A death wish that never got granted. A life that was never mine. A world that I never wanted. A life that I never dreamt of. I fell on my knees for mercy but received his rejection. Every day, every time I was broken beyond repair. I lost myself again and he won. He won the game, he won me. He possessed my body and killed my soul.

She opened her eyes with difficulty as her entire body was aching beyond anything. All the cuts she had were bleeding and the dressing was not doing much. It was just reminding her about his brutality. She tried to move her body but ended up screaming in pain. A nearby maid named Carla, ran towards her to hold her with care.

“Mam, please rest. Your wounds are still open. The doctor prescribed you a full rest. You need to sleep.”

She looked into Carla’s eyes. She had more pity than him in her eyes. Carla looked at her situation and helped her a bit to rest her back on the headboard. She put some pressure on her elbows and raised her body with the help of Carla.

“Carla, I want to sleep forever.” Her words rang in the room like some painful lullaby. A sob left her mouth making Carla tense in her position. She didn’t move an inch but extended a glass of water to gulp down some painkillers.

“You are becoming a strong Man.”

“Just because I gained my senses early even after his brutal tortures?” Her cracked voice came out in a mocking tone. She laughed with the same pain she held in her soul. Yes. She gained strength with time. She remembered how frequently she used to lose her senses and remain unconscious for more than two or three days. At least her body started accepting every beating, giving her some more strength to get up.

“Mam, everything will be fine.” Carla had only one word to say. Though she knew it was a lie, at least that could help her. Once a person loses hope and faith in something, the person dies mentally. Carla was not willing to kill her inner self so early. She knew her Master was a monster but she hoped for the betterment of her Master’s wife.