Chapter 12

There would be someone who would break those shackles to free you from your miseries.”

I did rant those words for two days when Martha told me so. She was taking care of my newly opened wounds after David’s departure. Every time she used to come here to my room, I used to be found lying in a fetal position on the floor. One day I woke up hearing a loud shriek. Tiptoeing I came out of my room though I was banned from coming out of my own luxurious cage. The sound was loud and I found similarities with Martha’s tone. With my wobbling legs, I reached the stairs to peep down. My blood froze once my vision stabilized on the situation as my brain interpreted the matter. Martha’s wrist was cut and she was crying beyond imagination. He was laughing looking at her blood and tears. I saw the dislocated portion of her hand lying on the floor.

“Did you just call me a monster? Let me show you then.”

I heard his voice cold as ice but utterly horrible. Martha was losing too much blood. He raised his big knife to stab her and I lost it. I lost his rules and warning as my human side brought out the sharpest cry from my mouth.

“David, No.” I shrieked and immediately regretted my decision of shouting as soon as his eyes landed on my figure standing upstairs. My stomach churned as a wave of nausea hit me. I felt like puking immediately by clutching the railing of the stair.

“So much love for her.” He shouted from downstairs and stabbed her heart earning another loud cry from Martha’s mouth. I saw him taking some steps towards the staircase.

“Is he coming for me? Is he going to kill me or torture me again?”

Blood, blood, blood. Everywhere. I started seeing red everywhere. He looked at me with his brown eyes but I started seeing everything upside down. All of a sudden my entire world started revolving with different blurred vision.

“Not again.” I might have heard him but didn’t know what happened next. I was leaning forward as my head felt light. I saw him running towards me dropping the bloodied knife. He was about to reach me but I couldn’t run. I couldn’t hide myself in some hidden closet to avoid his gaze.

My knees gave up and so did my senses. I felt nothing but falling into the dark again.

Carlos signed her death sentence and smiled at his men. She remained at her position without uttering a word like “Mercy”. He looked at her minutely. She was wearing a full-sleeve knee-length frock. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and there was a sudden hollowness in her eyes. Her lips were busted which proved his men’s recent slap for sure.

One of his men yanked her by her hair and made her stand. She didn’t break eye contact with him even though one of his men named Jack pulled her towards him. He grabbed her bun and harshly grabbed her neck to tilt. Jack stood behind her and started licking the crook of her neck. Anthony averted his gaze and turned in another direction. Carlos kept on looking at her cold expression as if she didn’t even plead for once. Jack’s hand was about to grab her breasts when Carlos growled like a wolf.