Chapter 13

“What to do with this corpse?”

“Burn it. And for the rest just cut them into pieces before serving it to the sharks.” Carlos laughed at his own idea as he walked towards his car followed by Anthony. None of them utter a single word during the entire ride. The entire gang arrived back in the mansion with a smile of triumph. It was almost morning when they arrived and they attacked David’s mansion at midnight.

Documents were taken back to Carlos’s study. Drugs and weapons were kept at their respective places. Anthony didn’t need any training or schedule to understand their operations. He stood there as a robot for his orders. The moment he arrived here he stood a bit away from the main gang. Even though Carlos was busy instructing his men, his eyes didn’t fail to notice his actions.

“Keep him under watch for forty-eight hours at least.”

Carlos informed his men and stormed inside his built-in office.

Anthony was kept in a cellar and he knew his life was saved somehow by accepting his defeat. Carlos believed his words which were not lies at all. He was not aware of David’s current tie-up with Sylvester. But he would never believe him in the first place.

The next day passed in a blink as Carlos spent most of the time going through those documents and other things. His men grabbed as many traitors as they could and slaughtered them brutally. Sylvester must be warned. The statement is rooted in his mind. Numerous thoughts were running inside his mind when Jack knocked at his door.

Keep your friends close and enemies closer. He always remembered this proverb.

“Boss, that bitch has been awake since morning.” His smirk didn’t go unnoticed by Jack himself when he informed Carlos about her.

“It’s time to meet our new pet.”

Speaking up he walked towards the basement he built below his mansion. It was dark, damped, and above all scary. The walls had heard numerous cries and seen enormous dead bodies. He was walking towards the exact cellar where she was kept.

Definitely he fired that bullet but didn’t kill her yesterday. It was not a mistake but a way to scare her. He took her hostage and brought her into his torturous cell. From yesterday till now she was neither given food, nor water. It’s been more than 24 hours since she was kept as a mere object down there to rot.

The door of the room opened with a bang sound as he entered the dark smelly room where she was lying down like a rag doll on the floor in the same white dirty dress. Jack walked towards her figure and yanked her up from her position. She was standing in front of Carlos who was towering over her.

“So, Inaya, what would you like to have?” He spoke in such a casual tone, that it felt like he was offering his date something over dinner or lunch. There was no welcome, no threatening but a mere question from his side.

She looked at his face with the same blankness which annoyed Carlos to a certain extent. He arched his brow to give her a gesture of expecting an answer from her side. She needed a lot of training as Carlos thought inwardly. At first, she needed to learn to answer immediately whenever asked a question.

She gulped down and spoke in a low tone.

“Water… Please…” Her throat was burning and she was starving for one and half days. Not even a drop of water was provided. She held a small trail of expectations for the first time in her eyes and that’s when Carlos smirked again. He was waiting for her to express something apart from blankness. There is no fun in breaking the broken one.

“Jack, bring some water for our guests please.”

The sudden change in his behavior didn’t affect her much but she moved her eyes away from Carlos to Jack who was going out to bring the water. Carlos kept on looking at her figure. She was slim, pale with a honey brown color of long waist-length hair. Her legs looked slender and too well maintained. They were beautifully carved and especially her features. She wasn’t an angel from a fairy tale but something was different about her. It might be her mesmerizing appearance with her innocent face.