Rookie

"You will be partnered up with Gavin Reed, goodluck."

Those were the last words Captain Fowler said to her before she was dismissed. She doesn't get why he said goodluck to her. But whatever it is, she's sure that she's going to be okay.

Once she walked away from Captain's office, she tried to find this guy named.. Ga.... Ga.. Gayvin? Kevin? Or was it Garbage? Whatever, she nervously walked around the precinct but couldn't find him at all. That is, until an Android approached her.

He had a neat slicked back hair with a small part of it sticking out in the front. This is probably the Android detective she had heard about while still being in the academy. By reading at his jacket, his model is RK800.

He stared at her for a moment, and she knew that he was just scanning her, so it doesn't really made her uncomfortable.

"Hi, my name is Connor, the Android detective. And you must be the new detective that will partnering up with Detective Reed. I'm pretty sure that you're looking for him, he's in the break room. Good luck, Detective."

He said with a smile. A genuine small. But.. This is the second time that someone had told her 'good luck'.

After a while, she finally found the break room and entered the room. Inside, there's a man, slightly taller than her. About an inch or two inches taller than her though. He noticed someone walking in and put his cup of coffee down on the table.

He had brown slicked back hair, but slightly messier. His beard, well, not really beard, it's really thin. He probably shaved it but doesn't want to get rid of it completely. On his nose, there's a scar there, similar like hers. He got a pretty strong and masculine body. Damn, she wished that she had that type of body too. His eyes looked like he was dead. When was the last time this man even slept? Shit.. Maybe being a detective wasn't really a great decision.

"The phck you staring at me for?"

She almost laughed at the way he cursed but she managed to keep a straight face.

"Are you Gavin? Gavin Reed? Or Detective Reed? I don't know, whatever you prefer."

She asked as she approached him, but still keeping a distance.

"Yeah, that's me. Now what the phck do you want?"

Damn, he's an asshole. If he's going to be an asshole, she's going to be an asshole too, but in a nicer way. If that's even possible.

"Apparently I'm your new partner."

If Gavin was drinking coffee right now, he would probably spit it out.

He looked at her with a face that looked like he was about to crush her head with his own hands right now. And yet she showed no emotion. Just staring at him with a blank face.

"Me? A partner? Hell no. And Fowler had the audacity to partner me up with a rookie."

He stepped closer to her, but she didn't take any steps back. But the thing is, he's now way too close for her liking.

"Tch.. Just do as I say and don't try to get in my way. Is that a scar on your nose? Oh boohoo."

He said the last part in an obvious a mocking tone.

"How did you get yourself hurt sweetheart? Did you hurt yourself while cooking in the kitchen?"

Okay, now he's making fun of her gender. What the fuck.

But the real reason she actually got that scar is because of her cat. Tried to give him a bath, bad fucking idea. Ended up with a whole lot of scratches on her body.

"Your breath smells way worse than my dead grandmother."

She said, still having that blank face.

He furrowed his eyebrows. He was.. Confused? His breath doesn't smell that bad. Right? Wrong.

He covered his mouth with his hand and blew his own breath against it. Once he sniffed it, dear god he wants to run away, curl up in a ball and disappear in a poof.

How did he managed to make such a bad first impression?! In front of a girl?! He was embarrassed. But he's not going to admit it. No way, he's the superior here.

He took a couple steps back, hoping that she wouldn't smell his breath from here.

"Gavin Reed. Call me Gavin. No need for those Detective title bullshit."

She felt like smiling. Finally, she got him to speak normally. And yet she didn't smile.

"Just call me Detective."

Gavin raised one of his eyebrow. Was she not gonna tell him her name? He was about to speak but she immediately cut him off.

"No. I said, just call me Detective."

He rolled his eyes. He's already annoyed by her. Usually, others would get annoyed by Gavin but this time he's annoyed with another person that isn't himself, Connor, Hank or Fowler.

"Fine whatever, DeTeCtIvE. Now bring me a coffee dipshit."

She noticed that his cup was empty. There's two options, she could make one from him even though he could just take a few steps to get to the coffee machine, or she could ignore him.

She went for option three. She walked to the coffee machine, made her own favourite flavoured coffee and went back to Detective Douche. Hm, maybe she should call him that.

She stretched her hand out for Gavin to take it but before he could actually take it, she pulled her hand away and sipped on the coffee.

Gavin widened his eyes. He was not expecting that. That was so out of pocket.

"He- Hey! That was mine!"

She shrugged, looking at him.

"Make one yourself, Detective Douche."

"What did you call me?"

"Detective Douche."

He was mad, furious. He was never this mad at anyone, ever, not even Connor. How come this girl that probably have daddy issues, make fun of him?!

"Fatherless."

That was his only comeback. Her eyes finally met his. She was quiet for a quite while and it... Made Gavin a little bit uncomfortable. The way she stares at someone looked like she could stab someone with it.

Gavin nervously rubbed his neck and looked away. Shit.. He messed up didn't he?

"Shit uh.. Sorry, you probably don't have a dad.. Shit that sounded more wrong- Uh- Phck-"

"Just shut it, Douche. It's in the past."

Wow, the one and only Gavin Reed, the asshole of the whole precinct is apologizing to a rookie. If Hank was here, his jaw would had probably be on the floor right now. But currently, he's on a case with Connor.

He couldn't even believe himself.

Gavin sighed, this was wasting his fucking time so he walked away to leave, but before he could completely leave, he said something that made her confused a little.

"Meet me at my desk, we got a case to work on, cutie."

And with that, he immediately sprinted away. Did her really just called her cutie..? Oh god he feels so pathetic right now.

Now she's alone in the break room, confused and flustered a little.

|1194 words|