He made him happier than you did

Angst warning I guess lol

You were supposed to hang out with Gavin today after he finished his work. He's a detective and you're just a gamer who worked at home. But somehow you guys are best friends. And you were hoping that you guys are more than just best friends.

Gavin suggested that you guys would eat at a fast food restaurant and he told you that he'll pick you up once his shift is over which is around 7 or 8pm. And you waited, and waited, and waited. Now it's 10pm and you're wondering why he still haven't picked you up yet. Did he went home and slept right away? He must've at least left you a text.

Oh well. It's fine. Maybe you and him can hang out another time. But at this point you were hungry so you decided to walk to the fast food place and eat. Alone. It was cold outside but it's nothing you can't handle. Entering the shop, you went and order your food. You waited for your food to be made and once it's done, you walked upstairs since all the tables downstairs are occupied.

You were on top of the staircase, about to head over to an empty table when you suddenly heard a very familiar laugh. You still had your hood over your head since it's still cold inside the restaurant. You kept your mask on for a while and slowly turned around.

There he was. Gavin Reed. Your best friend. Your crush. Sitting on a table and across him was a very beautiful man. He had mentioned once that he was bisexual but he seemed to like female more than he liked males.

You thought that the guy is probably just an old friend of Gavin's that you didn't know about. Until you saw Gavin grabbing the other guy's hand, staring into his eyes before leaning in for a kiss. You felt sick, your chest hurts and so is your stomach. Not that you hated two guys kissing, it's just that your crush is kissing another person is making you feel like you wanted to cry.

You don't even have the mood to eat anymore. You grabbed your food and left. You gave your food to a homeless person sitting on the side of the street and you also gave them your hoodie, knowing how cold it is outside. Once you entered your house, with you slamming the door to close it, you sank to the floor. You wanted to cry but no tears is coming out so you're just a whimpering mess on the floor.

After a while you finally got up, locked the door and went to the kitchen. Gizmo, your orange cat is laying on the kitchen counter, meowing at you when he saw you entering the kitchen.

You smiled. At least this fur ball still loves you. You gave him some pats and belly rub before filling his food bowl with cat food again. Gizmo jumped down and started to munch on the food as if that was his last meal on earth.

You opened the fridge and grabbed a can of soda before heading to the living room. You turned on Netflix and decided to watch your comfort movie again. You didn't know what time it was but you ended up fell asleep with the TV still on. When you woke up, your whole entire body is sore. Looks like you slept in an uncomfortable position. But all that doesn't bother you since your favourite little cat is sleeping on your chest, purring loudly.

You grabbed your phone and saw a text from Gavin. It was sent at 3 A.M.

Gavin <3
Hey dude sorry I bailed on you without saying anything, got caught up with my old friend. How about today we hang out?

Old friend my ass, you thought. But.. You shouldn't be rude. Why would you? If he's happy with his new boyfriend then so be it. But for now, you couldn't bare to see his face. You even changed your lock screen wallpaper to a picture of Gizmo. It used to be a picture of you and Gavin when you first hung out with him. It was at some kind of funfair and he won you a cat plushie. You still have it in your bedroom. But you're probably gonna toss it in your closet later and never look at it again.

You
Ah sorry Gav I'm busy today. Maybe another time :)

And sent. That should be it. Technically you weren't busy. But maybe you're gonna be busy crying and laying down all day. But hey, Gizmo is here to accompany you. Maybe you should get another cat. Maybe.