His Crush

(this takes place in College)

“I want to smell your hair..”

Gavin whispered in your ear, making you startled and drop your PS4 controller.

“ACK– GA-GAVIN! Don't do that!”

You said as you picked your controller back up. Gavin laughed and jumped onto the couch next to her.

“Bitch you know that I'm joking!”

Lies. He's not joking. He want to smell your hair. He want to touch you so bad, hold your hand, play with your hair, hug you, cuddle with you and make you feel safe, kiss you, make out even. But can't because he doesn't want to make you feel THAT uncomfortable.

And seeing you have a crush on another guy makes his blood boil. Sure that you and Gavin are just best friends, and also roommates, but he wanted more than that. Ugh, that guy you're crushing on wasn't that good looking anyways.

Look at your crush, 6'6.. Fluffy brown hair... Has a nice sense of fashion.... Okay maybe he's really great. And dear lord the jealousy that Gavin is feeling right now.

“Sssuuurreee you areee.”

You turned of the console and turned to him with a smile.

“You're so funny.”

You said as you giggled a little.

Did he heard that right? You find him funny! That's progress! Oh he feels so happy right now, happiest man on earth. But Gavin is still not the guy you're going after. Well, looks like he had to take care of this crush of yours situation himself.

“Hey um I'm free this evening and so are you so.. Wanna go to the mall? Go to the arcade, eat pizza!”

You said with excitement in your voice. It has been a while since you and Gavin went out together to hang out. Both of you were too busy finishing projects and assignments and finally y'all got a break.

And Gavin on the other hand, couldn't be much more happier, the girl he's obsessing over just asked him if he wanted to hang out with her! I mean- Sure it's normal, you are his roommate anyways.

“Y-yes, Oh my yea! It has been a while huh.”

You nodded and got up, leaving him alone in the living room as you walked towards your bedroom.

Arriving at the mall, you and Gavin immediately went straight to the arcade, but of course there's gonna be a little race! He was gonna win but decided to make you win to make you happy by purposely going slow.

“HAHA I win, bitch! Bow down to your knees for the winner!”

You said. Oh boy, he'd get on his knees for you anytime.

“Well congratufuckinglations, your honour.”

Gavin jokingly replied to her with, which made her laugh again. It feels so nice to see his crush laughing at his jokes.

“C'mon let's go– Oh my god hi, Richard!”

Your words were cut off as you saw your crush, Richard. Gavin raised his eyebrows and looked at where you're looking at. There he is, the one and only Richard. Gavin felt sick in his stomach as the jealousy took over him once again.

“Oh? Oh hey there, berry!”

Berry was a nickname Richard had given to you because one time, you had eaten too much berries to the point where you throw up. It was stupid and funny, but hey, memories.

You ran towards him and gave him a hug, and Gavin following behind you with a scowl on his face. It's like you had forgotten about him already.

“Yo, Berry, I got awesome news!”

“Really?? What is it?!”

You asked happily as you pulled away from the hug. Richard looked around playfully with a big smile on his face.

“Don't be shock... But I have a boyfriend!”

Your eyes widened, obviously in shock, but not a happy shock. Richard had mentioned that he's pansexual before so yeah.. But still, your crush is taken..

Your mouth was opened widely as you struggled to find the right words to say. One wrong move and it'll probably hurt Richard's feelings.

Gavin on the other hand is thrilled. He's so happy, so so happy. Your crush is taken and now he has a chance.

“W-wow..! I-I mean.. Congrats!”

You lied about sounding happy obviously. But then all of you heard a male voice.

“Oh that's him, his name is William. I gotta go, see y'all soon!”

Richard said as he ran towards his boyfriend.

Now it's your turn to feel sick in your stomach out of jealousy. You turned around and walked outside the arcade, not having the mood to play games anymore. You're sad but the only look on your face was a blank face. Gavin hated seeing you sad but hey, now that's Richard is out of the way, he could try to get with you easily.

Gavin finally catched up to you then he turned to you.

“Hey um.. Shorty I'm sorry that your um crush? Yeah, is taken. I'm sure there's gonna be other great people out there for you!”

Like Gavin.

“Hm, I guess you're right, but for now I just wanna eat. Pizza?”

“Sounds good.”

You guys sat on the table, facing each other as you ordered your pizzas. You ordered your favourite flavour and Gavin ordered just plain cheese pizza.

“Hey um, Shorty.. there's something I have to tell you.”

You were looking outside the window and was too lazy to turn your head towards Gavin so you just looked at him by moving your eyes only.

“Hm?”

“I love you. Like– Love love. Wanna kiss you on your lips love.”

Your eyes widened but again, you don't face him. This made you shocked way more than knowing that Richard now has a boyfriend. Your heart rate is really high and you could hear your heart beat really loudly.

You opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out.

“I- uh..”

“If I can't have you, then no one can, Shorty. Please, I've loved you for so long..”

You turned to him as you rapidly blinked. You always do that when you're nervous.

“Look uh– I um.. You're handsome but– It's just– I would date you, but not now...”

Gavin sighed and slightly smiled. Well, you would date him you said, but not now. Hell he'd wait one hundred years just for you.

“I understand...”

The next morning you woke up with Gavin next to you in his bed, naked, and you are naked too.

Looks like not wanting to date him now changed to wanting to date him now.