The Boy I Pick

“Hey shorty.”

Gavin said as he sat on her desk. Currently, she's trying to figure out who the killer was for her case that Fowler had assigned her.

“What do you want, Reed?”

She asked, eyes not leaving the screen. At this, Gavin rolled his eyes.

“Nothing, just here to annoy you.”

He said, knocking some papers off the table like a cat would. I mean, Gavin does like cats. It's no surprise if he acts like one.

“Don't you have work to do?”

Gavin shrugged and poked her cheek, making her flinch and push his hand away.

“Nope, already finished. Just waiting for you to finish yours.”

She sighed as she rubbed her eyes. Then she fixed her hair a bit. Looking down, she saw quite a lot of cat fur on her clothes. Mumbling some quiet curse words, she focused back on her work, ignoring the presence of Gavin Reed.

Gavin furrowed his eyebrows before getting up and walked away towards the break room. She smiled to herself when he left.

Finally, some peace and quiet. Oops, nevermind.

The man himself came back with two cups of coffee on each of his hands. And Connor was following from behind, holding a box filled with donuts.

She didn't noticed Gavincoming back until he slammed the cups down onto her table. She looked up at him.

“The fuck was that for?”

Gavin crossed his arms, a shitty smirk on his face that she just wish she could slap it off of his stupid little face.

“Connor said you haven't ate in like... Since morning. And it's currently three in the afternoon.”

She raised one of her eyebrow and looked up at him. She blinked multiple times. Was the Gavin Douche Reed being nice?

“Since when do you care about me?”

She asked, turning her chair so that it could also face him. Connor only put the box down onto the table before he walked back to Hank.

Gavin blushed at her words. Then he glared at her.

“What?! Me? Care about y-you?! Hell no! Phcking hell especially someone like you, nope. Never!”

She squinted her eyes at him. She obviously knew that he was lying, but decided to play more and more.

“Then why would you give all of these for me?”

She said, pointing at the coffees and donuts.

“It's– Um.. It was Connor's idea! Not mine! He kept bugging me, telling me about how much he's worried about you! And– I had to phcking help him to make him shut the phck up.”

At this, Gavin started sweating a bit. Why was he so nervous? Why would he even be nervous? Jesus he feels like a wimp right now.

As Gavin tried to defend himself, Tina walks by her desk.

“Actually, it was the other way around. Gavin saw that you didn't even get out of that chair since morning and he's worried sick about you. Looks like the tough guy has a soft spot for someone special.”

Tina said, sending both Gavin and his pretty little crush a wink.

Gavin's face flushed in embarrassment. But the person who always makes him nervous only had a smug look on her face.

“So you do care about me!”

“What?! I– I don't?! No I don't!”

She started laughing at how pathetic he looked. But also cute. So nice to see him being so embarrassed and flustered like this.

“Mpfh, fine I guess. Thanks for the donut and coffee though, wanted to give you a kiss as a thank you, but it looks like you're not interested.”

She said in a teasing tone, but Gavin was too hot and bothered to even notice it. Was she really gonna give him a kiss?

“W-Wait! I am- I am interested!”

She looked at him as she took a bite of a donut, acting as if she was confused.

“Oh yeah?”

She said, swallowing the bite and took a sip of coffee.

“Yes!”

She set her food down then she stood up, walking closer towards Gavin.

He took a couple steps back but his back hit the side of her desk. She put her hands on either side of him, trapping him. She doesn't care if others stare, people should see his weak ass wimp side.

Then she leaned in, just when Gavin thought that she was gonna close the gap, she just stayed there, lips almost touching.

He opened his eyes. Only to be met with hers staring right at him, looking at his reaction.

With an innocent smile, she pulled away.

“It's true you like me huh?”

Gavin only pouted and tried to pull her closer for the kiss. She laughed and kept pushing him away.

“Just kiss me!”

“Nope, not yet! Wanna be a good boy or not?”

Gavin then immediately stopped talking as he let go of her wrists, his face really red.

She looked at him with wide eyes as she nervously laughed.

“Holy shit I never knew you're interested in those things I'm sorry– oh god–”

Gavin looked down. He felt so.. Disappointed? Ashamed of himself?

She looked at him, feeling kinda bad now. All he wanted was a kiss.

With a sigh, she used her pointer and her middle finger to raise his chin up to make him look at her.

Then she leaned in, giving him a small peck on the lips.

“There, don't ask for more. We could have more tonight.”

She said with a wink, slightly pushing him away.

“I need to to back to work, you go annoy others. Like I said, see you later tonight, Gav.”

Gavin walked away, speechless, he couldn't say anything. He wanted to scream but nothing came out. He was a blushing mess. His knees were weaker than the writer's disgusting family.

Meanwhile, Hank was watching the whole thing with wide eyes. He always thought that Gavin would be the dominant one. But this.. Gosh he should've recorded it.

The smile never left her face as she kept on working on her face.

Then she mumbled,

“The boy that I pick... Is Gavin Reed.”

|1019 words|