Chapter Four

Lianne

The guilt weighed heavily on my heart anytime I thought of what I said. I insulted the man I was supposed to be convincing to favor my father. What would he think of me?

Does he hate me?

Would this affect Dad's business?

How am I going to find him so I can apologize?

Will he even forgive me?

I didn't understand why I felt so guilty even. It wasn't like I was wrong. The tabloids has branded him the New Hampshire Hotshot, you can only imagine what he's done to get that sort of title.

Maybe it was the look he gave me after hearing what I accidentally said. His friendly eyes turned deadly with anger. It made me feel like a child again and it wasn't a good feeling.

Now, I'm left with this horrible twist in my stomach.

“Why are you so worried about it? It's not like you said anything untrue.” Rhetta pointed out with a shrug.

Maybe I did. Even as I believed the press and gossip channels, there was a nagging voice in my head prompting my guilt.

Perhaps I was too quick to judge.

No. He's a man, they're all the same. Once you tell them the truth about themselves, they manipulate you into thinking you're a bad person.

That's right. Nolan did it all the time.

Why do I even feel bad? He got a taste of his own medicine, it just so happened to be bitter.

“You're right. He deserved it.” I agreed.

“I've been saying that for two hours and you're only just agreeing with me?” I chuckled at her annoyed look. “We could've been at the stores hours ago.”

“Sorry.” I said with a lopsided smile.

She rolled her eyes and dragged me by my arm from her couch. “Let's go. I need a new pair of shoes, you're buying.”

I laughed, allowing her to pull me to her car. She drove us to an Ivy's store because that's where I normally would get my clothes and the fact I was modeling for them, it would be disloyal of me to buy from another brand.

Feeling much better than I did earlier, I was in the mood to shop. The store was a big one and so had a lot of items to chose from and changing room. I had already picked two dresses, six tops and four pairs of shoes but the end of the next two hours.

I was going through my phone while Rhetta went through things.  The store was fairly empty and so easier to navigate and hear when people come in. So it wasn't hard for me to hear a familiar voice groan.

“Why am I here exactly, Sam?” My head turned sharply to the right, hoping to not see who I thought it was.

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side. Oliver Graham stood next to a black haired woman who searched through the racks not far from us.

“Well, Olly Polly, I need your help finding an outfit for the date this Friday.”

So he's dating her now. I thought with an eye roll. On the other hand, 'Olly Polly'?

“And why do I have to be the one helping?” The man asked.

“You have the best fashion sense of all our friends. It's really weird though, how do you do it?”

“Don't ask and be grateful for my skills.”

I watched as the woman, Sam, nodded with a giggle. I kept my head down towards my phone with my hair as a curtain covering my face. I didn't want him to see me especially when he's with his girlfriend. It would just be too awkward.