Chapter Ten

Lianne

“I really need a nap.” I muttered to myself, climbing into my car.

I'd just finished a photoshoot and boy was I exhausted. Modeling might look like putting on pretty clothes and striking a pose but it was much more tiring than that.

Standing in mainly high heels for six hours with just one break really takes a toll on a girl. All I wanted was to get food, go home, eat, take a bubble bath and fall asleep. Hopefully I don't crash on the way first.

I stopped at a restaurant to get a my dinner before I continued the drive home. As I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, I couldn't help but notice a black car tailing me.

I wasn't exactly sure it was, the person inside could just be going my way. It was reasonable enough so I kept going without any fear.

I seemed to be right as the car took a turn onto another street but soon enough, it was right behind me again. The fatigue I previously felt flew out the window the moment I concluded on the fact that I was being followed and the person probably didn't have good intentions.

The turn to my house was coming up but I went the other way. It was intentional. In the event that the individual in that car was ready to kill me, it wouldn't be wise to drive straight to my house or stop anywhere that wasn't crowded.

I glanced through my rear view mirror in an attempt to see the person inside but it was futile. The windshield was tinted and most likely the other windows would be too.

I kept the car steady, going through the most crowded of places, being stalked all the way. I ended up at a shopping center as my car was running out of gas.

There were a lot of people, aka witnesses, present. I took advantage of the safety in numbers term and even called a friend over to shop.

Frida and I met at a photoshoot. She has her own photography business and was one of the shooters. We bonded after bitching on some of the male models who thought they were everything.

We had a lot in common and soon enough, she, Rhetta and I became very close. She was the more outgoing one, who didn't hesitate to walk up to a guy to flirt or play matchmaker with me.

I did appreciate her efforts but some of the guys she's sent my way were absolute shit or just not my type.

I waited for her in my car, where I ate my food. I stopped eating at the sound of tapping on my window which was just her trying to get my attention.

I had to pack my wonderful meal up and get out of the car. Glancing around as I wiped my lips, I checked for the black car and sure enough it was parked just a few meters away. It was the classic minivan used in movies with, no doubt, the classic hitman inside. I planned to stay in the shopping center as long as it took for it to leave, even if it meant till nightfall.

“Damn girl, if I didn't know you personally, I wouldn't guess you were a model with the way you eat.” Frida commented once she was sure I could hear her. “You have to tell me how the hell you stay so slim.”

Now she wasn't plus size but she was definitely curvier than I was but I towered over her with a good seven inches as I was five foot seven and she was exactly five.

She had dark hair, skin and eyes and a wonderful taste in clothes. Just like me, she wasn't married. She was engaged, however, and her past boyfriends were a lot more decent than mine.

“Good genes, my friend, good genes.” Was all I said, patting her on the back.

She sighed out a laugh and locked our arms together, letting me lead her into the first store. It was fun hanging out with my friend, we went about doing one of our favorite things, shopping, and talked about her wedding plans.