chapter eleven

When Parisa woke up, she saw Azin sitting on the chair beside her. She gently rubbed her eyes to get a better view of reality. Azin turned all her attention towards Parisa, thanking God as she wakened.

"Oh goodness, finally you're awake," she thanked. Parisa sat up, rubbing her head now. Something on her head hurt badly, until she remembers her fall. She remembers everything. She knew about Afshin. She then fell hitting her head. But one thing she remembered clearly were Arman's heart-warming words. Words so sweet and kind.

"You should have seen Shah," Azin pointed out, "he was so worried to see you like that. He rushed towards you as if you were dying. It was truly a scene to witness," she continued with a giggle. Parisa couldn't believe what her ears were hearing. They had just heard about how Arman, the evil cruel king, was worried about Parisa. What alternate universe was this?

"Arman was worried about me. Nice joke," Parisa gawked. Azin couldn't help but laugh. She out of everyone knew what went around in their heads. She knew how Parisa had started to hate him a little less. She knew how Arman melted in Parisa's hands. She knew every single detail they denied about themselves. She knew it all. Every secret, but she kept them buried deep in her chest. Some hearts understood each other; even in silence.

"I, as your honest companion, assure you that he was worried sick," she admitted honestly.

"So heartless, yet so full of feelings," Parisa muttered to herself, but Azin heard it all. She heard everything, even that small voice in Parisa's head, yelling at her to stop.

"Apparently the Emperor of China and the King of the Ottoman empire have a desire to meet you, Shahbanu," Azin said with sarcasm.

"They want to meet me?"

"There will be a party in three days. They will be here soon to meet you," the overwhelming information felt like a burden upon Parisa's shoulders. Two of the greatest leaders in the world wanted to meet Parisa. They wanted to meet the girl who had lived through Arman's cruelty. The girl who survived dawn.