chapter thirty-two

Arman felt a cloth wrap around his head, and then suddenly nothing. Nothing but darkness. He was unconscious as someone dragged him through hallways. He couldn't see or feel anything, but he heard soft murmurs.

"I got him," a voice spoke. Arman tried to recognise the voice, but he couldn't. All he knew was that they had walked right into a trap and Parisa was in danger. His heart longed for her. He didn't want to lose her. It was too early. Too soon. He had promised her, and he didn't want to break it. Suddenly, he felt his eyes relax as he became conscious once more. The cloth was pulled from his face as he opened his eyes. What he saw made his heart sink. Afshin, the awful bastard who had played Parisa was standing in front of him with a sword. He felt his heartbeat faster with every blink.

"I told you we will meet again," Afshin spat in Arman's face. He still had the scar Arman had created that night. "I'm going to kill you and save Parisa," he added. Arman wanted scream. He wanted to yell. He wanted to fight back but his hands were tied. Arman didn't value his own life. The only life that mattered to him was Parisa's. Only minutes ago, he had promised to love her forever. Only minutes ago, they were happy. But now, fate was leading them, and he had no idea where it was heading towards.

"Where is Parisa? What have you done to her?" He yelled at Afshin who was smiling in accomplishment. Some part of Arman felt sorry for him. Afshin felt like by acting protective and secure he could win Parisa's heart, but he didn't even know her. He didn't know her well enough to know Parisa doesn't need someone to take care of her, rather someone to support her.

"Don't worry, she is safe," he replied. Arman knew he wouldn't hurt her. He knew that Afshin's crazy obsession over Parisa would save her life and that was all that mattered, but he didn't want to give up. For the first time, he felt afraid. All he wanted was to spend a lifetime with Parisa. All he wanted was die grey and old with her, because for the first time he had felt something. Something so pure.

"What do you want?" Arman finally asked. Afshin gave him a sided smirk, hiding his pride. If the seven sins existed, Arman knew they all existed within Afshin.

"Nothing. I just want to put an end to you. You destroyed my life. If you hadn't married Parisa and killed all those brides, she would have never left. It all your fault. She loved me and I loved her. We were perfect but you destroyed that, just like you destroy everything. You stole my life so now I will steal everything you ever love. You are not capable of loving. You cannot love Parisa, do you hear me!" he yelled. Arman could hear the pain in his voice. The man in front of him was actually in pain.

"I didn't take her from you Afshin. You are delusional. You are the reason she doesn't love you anymore. She married me for you, but you still couldn't help but cheat on her with another woman. But guess what she found home with me, and I found home with her. She is my everything and unlike you I am not going to hurt her," he screamed back. He was right. Arman wasn't the reason Parisa had left Afshin. Rather Afshin was the reason. His pride and greed destroyed their love. But now, Parisa had someone she truly loved.

Afshin was burning in anger. Instead, or arguing back or saying anything, he held the sword to Arman's throat creating a small cut. But Arman didn't move. He didn't flitch or even gasp. He kept still, ignoring the pain. Pain like this but unimaginably low compared to losing Parisa.

"Your words aren't going to save you. Die in hell," Afshin concluded. He held the sword closer to Arman's chest, ready to plunge it in his heart. Arman wasn't scared of dying, rather he feared losing Parisa. He feared leaving her, but she had taught him to not be scared. Because a dead star like him wasn't worth saving.

"Stop!" a voice yelled from behind.