chapter eighteen

Parisa had no idea where she was. She was in a dark room. Or rather a room too bright. The brightness was blinding her. Until it wasn't. When she looked up, she saw a man standing in front of her.

"Parisa!" he called out. He repeatedly yelled her name. When her eyes came into focus, she saw someone so familiar. Someone she missed dearly.

"Peyman..." she managed to whisper. He gave her a smile as he helped her back up. His eyes were just as kind as she had remembered them. The sweet scent of rose in his smile was unmissable. And in seconds, she felt her arms wrapped around him. She had missed the embrace of her older brother for years.

"Oh, my sweet little sister," he acknowledged her. From the last time he had seen her, she had grown much taller. She had grown into a strong woman. She let go of him, staring into his sweet eyes.

"Peyman, where am I?" she finally asked, noticing the empty void around her. He too looked around to get a better understanding. His eyes widened once he discovered what had happened.

"You shouldn't be here Parisa," he said with disbelief.

"What are you talking about. I want to be here. I want to be here with you," she pleaded her case. She wanted to stay with him, but he pushed her away.

"It's too soon, sister. You still have a life ahead of you. Live," he told her. He was right, she needed to live. She needed to save herself once more. She needed to be the brave woman she was. And Arman was right too, walking into the arms of death itself was the same as giving up. But she wanted to give up. She didn't have the will to fight anymore.

"Don't make me go back Peyman. I can't fight anymore. I lost you. I lost our parents. And now I have lost him," she didn't specify his name. But he smiled. He knew 'him' meant Arman. He knew the feeling of love too well. After all he had lost his wife when he died too.

"You haven't lost him, Parisa," he informed her. She wanted to believe him. "Go back. Stay alive. Get your revenge from those who did you wrong. Become the queen you are. And most importantly, win your love back. If there is anything I've learnt, it's that we can't live without those we love. So, breath once more, my sweet sister," he told her. She felt the tears lining up in her eyes. With one touch on her shoulder, he pushed her back into the void of life.

"I love you little sister," he whispered. She mouthed the words back before opening her eyes again. And once she did, he wasn't there anymore. He was gone and she was back.