chapter twenty- two

خورشید نور هست
part three: sunshine

Sometimes space was the answer to all problems. And sometimes, space gives you that extra bit of time you need to heal. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to speak something buried deep underneath your heart. And once it's out, it's almost like a ray of sunshine. A sun beam so bright, hope is visible. A sun beam so bright, the darkness had gone into hiding.

And time was exactly what they needed. Space from the world. Space from their problems. Time to heal from the things that haunted them, and they had all the time in the world. Flowers bloomed to their touch. Spring flowers. Flowers to beautiful, the trees were jealous. The flowers were just as beautiful as Parisa. A face so beautifully dangerous.

There they laid on the bed, together as one. She placed her head on his chest. His chest took the shape of her head. Quite similarly to how his heart took the shape of hers. One of the most deserving moments in life is when you have finally conquered that impossible love. That love between opposites. The love between black and white. The love between darkness and brightness. For weeks after their confessions, Parisa talked about him as if he had put the stars in the sky. Her heart was finally free to love the impossible.

She was Arman's first morning dream, last midnight thought and everything in between. And the most beautiful thing was that they found each other without looking for one another. He loved her until making memories with her was his favourite hobby. Every time he laughed, she prayed to God that he would laugh every second he gets, because the boy beside her deserved every bit of joy. Little did she know, he had told the stars about her.

"Remember that time you asked me if I could be anywhere now where would it be?" he asked her, with her arms wrapped around him. His warm breath was caressing her forehead, her breath warming his bare chest. For the both of them, this was home. She silently moved her head nodding. She remembered every part of it. She even remembered his answer. A field of dandelions with someone special, he had said.

"Well, you never answered your own question," he reminded her, brushing her thick hair with his hands. His fingers unknotting ever knot. She smiled. The thought of him remembering every one of their conversations, warmed her heart. A heart she had once thought was warm, but her heart was never truly this warm.

"If I could be anywhere right now, it would be right here," she answered. To her answer, he jumped to the moon and back. To her answer, he wanted to dance around in happiness.

"What about anywhere besides here?" he asked her again. She didn't have an answer, until she did. She remembered the dream she and her brother had. The dream of visiting the seaside. The land where the water washed over the golden sand.

"The seaside," she answered after a while. The memory of the ocean was something Arman cherished. It reminded him of his mother. A mother he had so dearly missed. A mother he was taken away from. When he was ten, his mother had taken him to the Persian Gulf, where the fishes were painted in every colour. Where the foam of the ocean whitened the sand.

"I like that," he replied. And suddenly, a smile so deep was painted onto his face. She was such an artist, painting smile across everyone's faces. And he was beautiful. Not in the way he looked or the way he spoke, but rather in the way he was. In his life, she wasn't just a chapter. She was the whole story itself. To think that every moment he spent, every second he breathed was all planned out to meet her, amazed him. Souls didn't meet by accident, but rather it was fate that brought them together.

She tilted her head upwards, mouthing the words 'me too'. Her look was astonishing. A look so perfect in every corner of Arman's soul. Some eyes could touch more than eyes could. And hers were exactly they. She could be a nightmare, but she was always going to be his dream. And what she liked most about him was that he didn't see her as a fragile heart. Instead, he saw her as a fragile bomb. A woman so strong. A woman who had gone through pain like no other. But that's what pulled them closer.

"Mine?" he asked in a whisper. She smiled at him and at that moment he thought he was about to die from love.

"Yours," she reassured him. And that reassurance was all they needed.