Chapter 1

It was barely possible to hold her down.

One moment she was there, saying this, thinking that, wanting something, and the next second she was gone again, changing her mind completely.
It was one of the reasons he was never able to predict her.

Even if he'd read her mind, even if he'd look in that strange head of hers, he'd never really get a hold of her morals, her way of doing things, of living. It appeared that she would purely act out of intuition in everything she did.

She would think one thing, and then do something completely different.

Charles never knew what to expect.

But he loved it. He loved that challenging factor she gave his life.

He loved to peak into her head, just to see something completely different every time he was there.

She was like a blank page of paper in front of a amnesiac, who forgot what he was about to draw, rapidly changing to a new idea.

And as hard as it was to hold her in one place, he made it. She was here. At his school, next to him, watching the sun set.

Her pure aura made him feel.. strangely wanted and warm.

Even though she didn't appear to be spreading any of it, he still felt it.

He wanted her to stay. He needed her to stay. He desired her to be around.

Even though he never had a real conversation with her, he knew that if he could only bring her to open up a little...

So he'd looked.

He'd found her.

More than once. Actually, he'd chased her from one place to the next until she finally got annoyed enough to ask him what it is he so desperately desired from her, that he would chase her around the world like this.

She heard him.

Of course she did.

It was actually hard for anyone to sneak up behind her - Charles Xavier was definetly no exception.

They stood on a small hill, overlooking the mansion and the rest of the property. The evening sun was still warm and the leaves above them softly rustled.

"Come with me." - was all he had said.

And of course she declined, but soon learned that Charles wasn't someone who you simply tell to go away.

"It is your house.", the woman in front repeated, staring him down.

"And i'd love you to be in there.", he teased, trying to finally bring her to move.

"Seriously? A complete stranger?", she asked, tilting her head like an interested feline.

"Oh god.", Charles groaned, "You are so stubborn."

"I can...sleep out here you know.", the woman spoke, calmly, lifting a questioning brow.

"I won't let you. I'd rather have you sleep in my own bed and me on the floor than having you out here in the cold."

She finally seemed to give in, adverting her gaze.

Her eyes seemed to shine in the red of the dying sun.

"And what then? What do you wish me to do?", she asked, much more caring now.

The woman had her hands on her waist and a soft sigh could be heard in her tone.

"Nothing.", he whispered, shaking his head, "I want you to stand still. To enjoy life."

She huffed and looked back at the sun.

"I can't do that."

"Why?", he asked.

"I'd...I...I'd bore to death. Find me something to do and i will stay. Give me a purpose.", she pressed, sounding serious.

A smile appeared on his lips and he leaned to his side, holding his head up on his hand.

"Any purpose? And you will stay? Like...really stay?", Charles asked unbelieving and she chuckled.

It was the first time he ever heard her making another human sound beside from talking and he felt his heart fill with bliss at that sweet laugh.

"I will stay if you want me to Mister Xavier.", she spoke, silently and yet with a strange way of seduction.

He watched her stepping closer, stopping only shortly before him, leaning down slightly.

"Ch-Charles.", he corrected her again.

"Sure.", she smirked.

"So?", he asked one more time, treading carefully.

"So find me a reason to stay then, and i will. For tonight i'll find somewhere to lay down an-", she started, shrugging, before he cut her off. 

"Come in."

"Huh?", she asked, her brows furrowed in confusion by his quick reply.

"Come in. Please. I could use some help with...the dishes...", he raised his brows, smirking again, gesturing at her. 

She raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"You're not going to stop, are you?" she asked him.

"Never darling. You asked for a purpose so this is the best I could think of.", he replied.

"That's right you're a telepath with the most shiniest ray of hope.", she stated mockingly.

"Yeah? Would that be okay?"

"That would be okay...", she sighted and smiled to herself, before turning around, walking up to the manor.

"Stubborn man....", she whispered, shaking her head.