Chapter 52

"So why are we fighting then?.", she still whispered softly, shaking her head.

"Maybe because we are both a bit scary, as you put it...", he whispered back, smirking slightly.

He knew how well trained she was. That she could kill in between seconds.

She didn't answer. She didn't seem to hear him. Just staring at her hand which moved softly along his body until she halted, looking back up at him.

"Am I intimidating you?", she asked softly.

He smirked and shook his head.

"This must be strange for you. I'm sorry. I just wanted to explain why I keep my distance sometimes. But I still admire you a lot. Both as a friend and as a person. It felt like you needed to hear that...", she sighted.

"This is very different from the shitty-friend conversation we had earlier.", he smiled, his hand caressing up and down her side.

"Well...this time you actually helped me out of a dangerous situation...", she looked down again, her hand now resting on his heart.

"I did.", he stated blandly.

"And you even carried me."

"True."

"You didn't have to.", her eyes darted up as she said this.

"But i wanted to.", he answered, his voice soft like silk.

"What else do you want, Erik?", she asks, not moving a muscle.

They stared at each other for a while.

His hand on her cheek, his thumb on her bottom lip, lifting her head slightly.

"Are you trying to seduce me?", he whispered. His gaze cold.

"Am I?", she asks innocently.

"You are doing a great job up until now...", he says, his gaze on her soft, full lips.

"Well then...", her voice is like an invitation. Soft. Loving.

Erik bows his head, drawing his thumb away he puts his lips against hers.

Only moving as he felt her deepening the kiss.

They stay like this for quite a while. A simple, soft, innocent kiss.

Until his hand cups her cheek and he's pressing her closer, his arm around her hips now. She's standing on her tiptoes as he moves his lips against hers. Tasting her. Feeling her like he longed to. He's hungry.
He's so hungry and he had not realizes how starved he'd actually been.

How wicked of her indeed.
And in this moment he notices, that his heart answers louder than his instincts. And that it is love, not lust he feels for her.
He feels her soft hand in his hair as she nips at his bottom lip, drawing away.

Erik feels a sharp pain as she does. As he notices her leaving, yet he doesn't stop her.

His eyes open, staring into hers, as she lowers herself back to the ground.

His hair is ruffled and his lips still taste like her as he licks over his bottom lip, not breaking the eye contact.

"It's...nice to have that settled..", she whispers, before she parts from him, her hand gliding away from his cheek as she lefts.
Just like that you are, Leaving him there. Staring at her going. Staring at her opening and closing the door he is now staring at.

She is leaving once again and He?

He is utterly lost.