Chapter 10

On the next day, Erik had made two mistakes. The first mistake he'd made was to look down.
His mind was elsewhere and staring at the ground always helped him, even though he didn't know why.

The second mistake he made was that he walked down the wrong aisle at the wrong time.

It was the break between breakfast and lunch, so the students had about ten minutes to get to their classrooms and so did Erik.

He was concentrated on this one report, Charles just told him about, on the tests of his class and on top of that SHE wouldn't leave his mind.

Erik had always been fascinated whenever they found a new mutant, but something about her made him feel strange.

Some "Mornin' Mr Lehnsherr"'s could be heard from the students around him, as suddenly-

He felt something collide with him.

His reflexes worked and to prevent, whoever just ran into him, from falling, he quickly laid his arms around them.

He heard papers being scattered on the ground and lowered his gaze, just to be greeted by a marvelous, widened pair of eyes staring into his.

"Guten Morgen Herr Lehnsherr...", Y/n whispered, still a little shocked. (Good Morning)

Erik just stared at her. She looked so nice.

With her hair tucked up and her beautiful white blouse and god, did her legs look long in those tights.

He concentrated on her again, just to see her cheeks redden, and her looking away from him.
Following her gaze, he noticed that it had gotten silent around them.

It seemed like every student was silently staring at them.

Erik blinked a few times, trying to compose himself.

He held her. His left arm lay around her, his hand holding her back, while the other one was carefully grabbing her bare shoulder.

Both of her hands rested on his chest, as if she wanted to push him away, but their was no force against him.

He noticed how she seemed taller than yesterday, noticed that she wore some rather flat High heels, noticed how good her heat felt against him.

She looked up to him again.
Although he did not know why, he felt the urge to pull her closer.

"Morgen.", he finally whispered back with a somewhat hoarse voice and felt her shiver, which made him smirk. (Mornin')

"Sorry for that...",she excused, pulling away from him.

He let it happen, although his arms felt somewhat empty after she was gone.

She rapidly crouched down to collect a few of her papers and folders and he watched her for a while, before angrily exclaiming: "Go to you're classes."

The students started chatting quietly before slowly moving, as he helped her.

"It was my fault. I should've looked where I was going...", he spoke.

She replied nothing, so he watched her, as she kept collecting.

She had that blank, marble-like expression again, which he loved so much.

Empty. Cold. Emotionless. Perfection. An Angel. A Machine. A killer. She could be anything.  Could do anything.

"How was the experiment yesterday? Found out anything?", he asked again, hoping for an answer this time.

"Yes...Good...Uhm", she shook her head, "Let's talk about that later, shall we? I don't want to be late.", she stood up, holding her folders back together again.

"Of course. As you wish.", Erik smiled.

"Alright then Her Lehnsherr.", she said, before walking off, leaving him standing there.