Chapter 25

"What are you...", Erik was drawn into the kitchen because of the music, playing in the background, "Doing here.."
He was angry at first, but seeing that she was baking cake, swinging through the kitchen to the rythm of the song he smiled to himself.

"It's Sunday! Sunday is cakeday.", she smiled.

He walked up to her. following the sweet smell, stopping right behind her, looking over her shoulder.

"That...reminds me of home.", he stated.

"Really? Beautiful.", she grinned, not looking up to him.

"No not really."

"Then", she turned around, cupping his face with her hands, "we have to make it beautiful.", she smiled, letting him go again.

He blinked puzzled for a while. Y/n rushed over to the other side of the oven, opening it to look at the cake inside.

"Mind helping me?", she asked and he wondered for a while.
He actually smiled to himself.
He'd made cake with his family, when he was a little boy.

"Why not.", he sighted.

"Could you get that bowl down for me?", she asked, pointing up the shelf.

With a swift movement of his head it carefully flew down, stopping in front of her chest.

She caught it with both hands and smiled thankfully at him.

"Can you get some eggs? And Milk?"

"Sure.", he called, walking over to the fridge. The door opened before he got there and he quickly grabbed what she asked him for, putting it next to her on the counter.

She started cracking some eggs, as she felt his hands on her shoulder, tucking something around her.

Y/n looked down herself to see the an apron, which he closed behind her back with a bow.

"Now you can start.", he mumbled.

She laughed. "Well that's sweet, thank you."

"Anything else for me to do?", Erik asked, getting into it.

"You could get the cake out of the oven. But don't burn yourself.", she smiled.

He did as he was told, before walking over to her again.

She meanwhile started to stir, mixing all the ingredients together.

He watched her for a while. She looked sweet like that. Her hair tucked up, all concentrated.

"Beautiful...", he mumbled to himself.

"Right? The Arpron is so sweet! I did not know we had one in the house.", she snickered and he gulped.

"Uhm...yeah. The Apron. Really sweet."

"Would you like to try?", she asked him, holding the bowl in his direction.

He came closer, looking at the bowl and then back to her.

"Just...?"

"Just try yeah.", she put one finger into the dough, and then held it out to him.

"Say Ahh.", she smiled.

He looked a little shocked but then simply shrugged it off and opened his mouth. His mother had always let him try the dough. It felt so strange. So warm and known and yet endlessly weird at the same time.

The dough was sweet and her question if it was okay, was quickly answered by his closed eyes as he moaned a small, humming: "Mhhhhh."

She giggled, tasting it herself. He watched her and just as she was done, he took the bowl from her and sat down at the table.

"Erik!", she laughed, "Don't steal."
"I'm so sorry.", he muttered while eating, "but...just..."

"Herr Lehnsherr! Retreat it! The poor kids want their cake!", she lecture him, trying to contain herself.

He didn't answer. Simply held his finger out to her.

She sighted, sat down next to him and gave in.

He enjoyed the look on her face as her lips closed around him. Slightly smiling.

"Okay...mmmh god this is good...yeah...maybe we should...just keep this.", she hummed.

He smirked.

"I'll make another one. You can keep this. But just you know, you are NOT a great help Herr Lehnsherr!", she lectured him again, standing up, "AND your belly will ache. I Warned you.", she pointed at him, a smile on both of their faces.

"It's worth it.", he grinned.