Chapter 30

"The kids make bets, you know.",
Charles said in a calm voice, as he purred his tea the next morning.

"They're always up to dump shit Charles. They are kids.", Erik spoke coldly, sipping from his coffee as he read the newspaper.

Charles raised a brow at his friend. He was way more aggressive since she'd left. 

She'd balanced him. And that balance was lost now. 

If Erik kept going like that Charles would have to have a serious talk with the man. 

The Students suffered because of it, barely able to get on with their tons of homework and often enough leaving the classroom distraught.

Charles sighted, trying to lighten the mood.

"Debts About us.", he added, smugly leaning back, looking at his friend, "And her."

As he added that Erik suddenly snapped out of it, turning his head to his friend.

"What?"

"They bet", Charles chuckled while saying that, looking down at his drink "on who of us will make...basically who of us she will end up with."

Erik frowned, then grinned, then frowned again before finally answering: "That's stupid.", and turning his attention back to his coffee.

"She's gone anyway. Won't end up with anyone.", Erik hissed softly, more to himself than anyone else.

"Yes it is.", Charles teased, "Why should she go out with you?"
Erik went pale. 

Snapping his head to stare at Xavier, who just smugly smiled at his tea.

"Excuse me? I'm more talented, charming, good looking an-"
"Wowowow wait there, old friend.", Charles shushed him "Talented? Who can read her mind like an open book? Knows her feelings and thoughts and pleasures?"

He underlined that last word and it made Erik growl angrily.

"You know that we train NIGHTLY, yeah?", Erik trumped, suddenly feeling better, "Our connection is a bit deeper than yours, Dear."

"Oh riiiight", Charles leaned his head back, chuckling, " like when she smacked you, remember?"
"Simply a sign of her affection. I don't need to creep into her head to find out what she needs.", Erik countered."

"Oh sure, you need to get hit first until you understand when you go to far."

Erik stood up now, walking over to Charles.

"ME? I make an effort! Not like...YOU who simply gets her to his room just to ask for stupid things you don't even need just so you can see her, since you are not man enough to ask her out!", he angrily snarled.

"Well Erik, have YOU asked her out yet?", Charles hissed back, tilting his head.

"I will right when she comes back!"

"Oh really?"

"OH really!", Erik gritted his teeth.

A small, dangerous silence settled between them as they stared each other down.

"So we are in?", Charles asks, smirking.

"In on what Charles?"

"The bet. I bet i end up with her."
"And I bet it's me.", Erik declares proudly.