Chapter 3

Late at evening, Mark was sitting on the study table in his bedroom. Books covered the desk as he was busy going through all the notes the professor gave.

Looking at the pile of books and those small font writings on them made his eyelids heavy. Soon a yawn found it's way out of his mouth.

Mark shook his head and got up. His eyes fell on the callender that hung over the table. It had already been three months since he had moved in. He would lie if he said he didn't want to go back. To where his mother was, where the gang was and last but not the least where his deceased half-sister rested, his home.

Shaking his head he walked out of the room, trying not to dwell upon the dead. With a sigh, he opened the cupboard to find ingredients to make himself a cup of coffee. Pulling out the container he noticed that it was empty.

After checking a few more containers, Mark grabbed his jacket and walked out of the apartment.

~☆~

Walking into the store he looked around for the ingredients. Finding the things he wanted Mark put them in the basket and walked towards the counter.

"Ma'am this will be $10."

"Ah is a discount possible. I don't have enough right now. Or maybe I can come by later and pay."

"Sorry ma'am that not possible. But you can change the product."

"But that's the one I need. Other brands will not do."

"But ma'am-"

"Here you go, I'll pay for her."

The girl looked to see who this generous man was who was paying for her.

"Oh hey Mark, thanks." Dasom smiled, excitement bubbling inside her.

"It's okay!!"

Mark proceeded to put his stuff on the counter and pay for himself. Once done the two acquaintances walked out of the grocery store.

"Anyways thanks for the help Mark."

"It's totally okay. Also no need to repay. Just consider it as a um... friendly gesture."

"So are we friends!" Dasom asked eyes glittering with excitement.

"I guess we are, I don't think Kevin and Jacob are going to leave me alone, so I'm probably stuck with your group."

"True, okay so see you tomorrow. I need to head back home." She said checking her wrist watch.

"Okay, Good Night!"

With that Mark walked off towards his apartment with a small smile.

'Damn Mark when did you become such a good talker.'

~☆~

Dasom happily entered her house. A little jumpy with excitement.

"Wow what makes you so smiley."

A familiar voice made Dasom look up as she placed her shoes on the rack.

She gave her roommate com patient  as smile who was standing on at her bedroom door supporting herself to stand still.

"I kinda forgot my money. But this handsome new guy from our school approached me paid for me."

"Do you have a crush on him or something? You don't talk about guys like that."

"Maybe!" The older sent her a cheeky smile before walking off to her room.

The younger one shook her head at her silliness and dragged herself back to her bed, her legs already hurting for standing to long.

Who is this new girl?

Damn my anxiety is hitting hard. I really sick of it. I need a break from life. Surroundings and parents daily rants are totally not helping.