Chapter 14

"I might have been drunk that day, but I wouldn't forget the way you were glaring at Allen. It's totally alright to like her. Atleast we three can trust you more than Allen. You are definitely a good person far better than that bastard."

A small smile crept on Mark's lips as he recalled the earlier conversation. He twirled the pen between his fingers as the psychology book layed open in front of him.

Do I really like her?

He kept questioning in his mind. His mind slowly wandered of to the couples he knew.

Did Eunhye and Jisung had a hard time figuring out their feelings for each other? How did Nawon and Jeno get together amongst such hardships? Emma, Jacob, I really don't have any idea about their relationship.

He sighed.

Why is figuring out ones feelings so hard? I wish Eunhye was here, I could have asked her.

His eyes fell on the phone as it lit up with a message. It was the NCT Dream group chat, that he was barely active in ever since he came to Canada, not like he was active in other NCT gcs. He noticed messages from Haechan, Jeno and Jisung pop out.

Should I ask Jeno? No no he would probably end up taking about gang stuff or would tease me with the other 00s. Definitely not Jisung. I don't want him to think of those stuff and get depressed again.

His eyes again landed on his phone. Making him suddenly realize how dumb he was.

I'm dumb. Why am I thinking of humans when google is there?

Clicking the app on his phone he typed, 'how do you know you like someone?'. Mark read through the articles provided while thinking if he ever landed on these situations.

Another sigh left his mouth as he messed with his hair. He was beyond frustrated with his own feelings. Mark soon snapped out of his frustrated self and an excited smile crept on his lips as  he saw Dasom's name pop out on the screen.

"Hey Mark are you free?"

"Yes why?"

"I'm bored what to hangout?"

"Yeah sure!"

With that Mark jumped out of the chair and grabbed onto his jacket. Decently dressed he walked out of the apartment.

~☆~

"So where are we going?"

"Mall, I kid of need your help in something actually."

Dasom dragged the boy all the way to a gift shop. It had expensive gift items. Mark wondered who she would gift such items too.

"Hey Mark that do you think of this?" She showed him a wooden artifact with unique designs.

"It's unique."

"I want to gift it to my brother. His is coming back after a long time."

"It's a pretty good item. But I think yu should check out more."

The pair started looking for more unique items around the store. Once both of them agree on one, Dasom had it packed for her brother.

The two roamed around at the mall for more time. Dasom pulled him towards the game area and the two engaged themselves in a game of claw machine. After numerous turns of trying, Mark was able to get her a tiger plushie.

As they walked out of the game centre, their eyes fell on two kids. They noticed how the older brother was taking care of his younger sister as they mother went way to a different store.

Dasom let out I sigh turning away, "It's been so long since I last saw him, I miss my brother. What about you Mark, do you have any sibling back in Korea?"

The word sibling stuck Mark in the heart. The smile on his face fell. "Had, she passed away two years ago in a car crash."

"Oh I'm sorry!"

"You don't need to be sorry it's okay."

By the time they walked out of the mall it was already dark. They walked side by side in a comfortable silence. Mark stared at the girl walking beside him. A small smile adorning her face, her eyes glittering like stars.

She noticed Mark's stare and gave him a smile smile to which the boy quickly turned away and scratched his nap. Though the calm exterior, Dasom's heart was beating at a fast pace. A red tint appeared on her cheeks.

This book is going to end soon along with the series