Sixteen ♡

YN: I need to speak to you right away

BR: Is this about last night?

YN: Yes did Seongwoo say something to you or Jimin?

BR: No, Tae showed up around midnight and they disappeared into the gym but neither one came out looking like they'd worked out

YN: Jimin didn't tell you what they talked about?

BR: No he was really cagey about it he said it didn't matter

YN: Can you meet at the cafe by your apartment? In an hour?

BR: Give me a little more than that I have to turn in this lab report but I'll be there

You sat at a table in the back, as much privacy as the cafe could afford you, a full forty five minutes early. You'd woken this morning not with the regret you'd expected but with confusion. You wanted to show up tonight, but you didn't want it to mean you wanted Tae back. You didn't know if you could resolve those feelings separately.

You sipped your tea and waited, then you picked up your phone again.

YN: hey could you meet Briar and I for coffee? I know you must be super uncomfortable but I would love to see you and spill all my drama on you

SJ: OMG yes I'm bored as hell waiting for this baby to pop out where are you?

You sent the location. You weren't sure you were ready to pull off the bandaid but this was a good opportunity to see Sujin on neutral territory.

She arrived first, round and waddling sideways to get past the tight chairs. You waited for the emotions to surface seeing her tummy but it didn't happen. You'd been by her side when she'd carried the twins and you felt like you did then, excited and happy for her and Namjoon. You hugged her tight then you both got teary eyed.

"I'm so sorry Sujin I shouldn't have avoided you. You look so beautiful." She hugged you again stroking away your tears with her fingers as you both pulled back.

"I understand, I'm glad you're seeing me now."

"Three weeks left?"

"Two! I thought carrying the twins was rough but I'm just as over it with one baby."

"Looks like I interrupted a reunion." Briar slipped into the hug and then you all sat and huddled forward with quiet voices. You used your code names for the boys in case prying ears were listening. Briar filled Sujin in on Taehyung coming over late last night.

"What happened at the party? Didn't Seongwoo say Tae declined?" Sujin asked sipping her coffee. You nodded and told them about seeing him at the entrance, his anger, him slipping into the conversation trying to bait Seongwoo into an argument but then you paused.

"That doesn't sound like a crisis. It just sounds like boys being territorial. That's all that happened?" Briar narrowed her eyes as if she could see right through you.

You swallowed hard and as softly as possible told them about what happened in the office. You wrapped it up by telling them his demand that you come to 'the apartment' tonight at nine and not let anyone else touch you anymore.

"He took my panties."

"Are you going?" Sujin smiled wickedly. "I wish Joon would do something like that. I swear we'd have ten kids if he did." She giggled and elbowed you.

"You finished your date with Seongwoo without panties after using Tae as a sexy seat?" Briar grinned and winked. "I don't think Tae would have been thrilled to know he sent you to a bar with his rival pantieless."