Nineteen

When the contraction had subsided again Sujin was disoriented, still groaning in pain. Her hands rubbed across her burgeoning bump and her breathing was heavy.

"That one was stronger than the others." She winced each word past trembling lips.

"Maybe you need a new position, do you want to sit up more? You brushed her sticky hair back from her face. "Let me braid your hair so it's out of the way." That's what you did, focusing all your attention on your friend, pushing all thoughts of Taehyung away.

Through the next several contractions you rubbed her lower back and helped her shorten her breaths. They were closer now, three minutes and strong. She seemed less interested in talking between them and more set on resting.

"I'm here, baby, I'm here. I'm so sorry, I'm right here." Namjoon barrel through the door, worry and anxiousness across his features. Seconds later his security peaked into the room then situated themselves across the doorway.

"You were hours away? How did you make it so quickly?" Sujin stuttered the words breathing through the end of a contraction.

"Helicopter and a lot of broken traffic laws. What good is being rich and famous if you can't exploit it for your wife in labor?" He kissed her forehead and paged the nurse. "Thank you for being with her Y/N, I'm an idiot." He smiled then turned his head back to his wife, tenderness on all his features. A cheery short nurse came in a moment later smiling and checking monitors.

"Can we move her to the birthing ball? She really liked it with her last delivery." Tears choked you up watching him caring so delicately for her.

"Send me lots of pics of the new baby, you can do this Sujin." You kissed her cheek and patted Namjoon on the back then quietly slipped out the door.

As you walked down the hall you decided it didn't matter what Tae had said to her. He was probably just trying to save face, not look like the injured party. You sat on a bench in the small garden by the parking lot and took out your phone. The air was stuffy, the summer sun hotter than usual. Sujin and Namjoon would be greeting a beautiful new life in a few hours. It was time to think about yours.

YN: Are you free for drinks tonight?

OS: I'm free for dinner, are you?

YN: Yes

OS: I'll pick you up at 7

Even though you'd told Briar you were going to wait a while before seeing Seongwoo again, it felt right. Sitting home alone with your feelings wasn't going to resolve them. You would tell Seongwoo about your reservations and then you'd both deal with it. You liked him and wanted to get over Tae.

"You're going on a date?" Your mother leaned against your doorframe and frowned watching you do your make up.

"Yes with Ong Seongwoo." You leaned forward blending blush along the bridge of your nose and tried to ignore her displeasure.

"Who's going on a date?" Your father walked up behind her then shifted. You watched as both of your parents filled your doorway, an impassable barrier.

"Eomma, Appa, why are you acting like this?"

"Don't you think it's too soon? You just ended things with Kim Taehyung." Your mother pursed her lips and nudged your father. What was she trying to get him to say?

"We broke up four months ago, and at least two before that he barely spoke to me. Don't you want me to be happy?" You set down your make up brush and looked at them.

"Sweetheart, we never told you this but before you were born, your Eomma lost a baby. She was about 12 weeks along and it just happened." Your father's voice was calm, your heart started beating faster. They'd never mentioned this before, never spoke about it all these months you'd been home.