Twenty One

"He blocked my number." When the tears finally subsided you admitted your current situation with Taehyung to Sujin. She frowned, looking down at you like she didn't understand what you said.

"He didn't seem in that headspace at all when he dropped off the song. He said that he thought you'd turned a corner together." You sat up out of her hug and felt the prickles of apprehension in your stomach.

"The only corner he turned was closure. He's over me Sujin. He told me goodbye the night I went to his place." You realized you hadn't filled her in on your steamy night with Tae because she'd gone into labor.

"Who cares what he said when he was here, maybe you should just go see him." Namjoon spoke up from the kitchen, you hadn't realized he'd been paying attention to everything happening. He set a sippy cup on the counter he'd been drying with a dish towel, and motioned toward their door.

"Could you message him for me? See if he'll unblock my number?" You wanted to grill Sujin for every little detail of his visit but the thought of him feeling positively about your relationship then suddenly blocking you anyway caused you anxiety.

"And give him a chance to think up a hundred excuses? Y/N, I mean this lovingly; Get out." Namjoon smiled his dimples popping and walked to the couch, dragging you to your feet.

"Did you drive yourself?" When you shook your head he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. "By the time you get outside a PA will have a car for you. You both need to stop thinking so much. Go talk, real words to each other." Sujin slipped the card into your hand, you dragged a nail over the words on the front.

Then Namjoon was tugging you down the hallway, you swiped your purse off the hall table and he was pushing you out the door and shutting it behind you. You knew he was right, if you texted or called first you'd both get in your head. You'd never actually talk or resolve anything. You took the stairs down the few flights then hurried through the lobby and by the time you got to the sidewalk a black town car was waiting. The driver rolled down the window and said your name, you recognized the PA vaguely. You pushed the card into your purse and got in.

The drive was quick and you tried not to rehearse what you'd say. Whatever you said needed to be raw and honest. If you ran through everything now you'd just sound like you were speaking from a check list.

You had the PA let you off at Tae's private entrance and you held your breath. If he blocked your number did he change his door code? You entered the familiar digits and the light turned green allowing you access. You let out a small whoop of joy. The elevator code was the same and also turned green, you entered the car clutching your purse against your stomach.

When the metal door opened you hurried down the hallway, heart beating too hard. You suddenly felt weird for entering his apartment uninvited but you pushed the feeling down. You moved into the living room and seeing it empty turned into the kitchen.

"Taehyung?" A familiar voice called out. You pulled up short stopping instantly as you entered the wide brightly lit space. His mother stood behind the large marble island stirring something fragrant on the stove. Panic and humiliation set in, he wasn't even home and you were about to come face to face with someone you'd really rather not.

You started walking backward, wanting to run, but it was too late. She turned toward you and was immediately taken aback.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" Her tone was exactly what you thought it would be, icy and judgmental.

"I was dropping off something for Namjoon. I didn't realize Taehyung wasn't home." You straightened your back, pulling yourself to your full height. You resolved to not let this woman make you feel inferior any longer.