Break

A/n
Hello, and welcome to today's chapter. Thank you for 5+ reads, I know that might not seem like a lot, but I wasn't really expecting many people to read this anyways, so I'm still thankful. Also, I love reading the comments, so please leave some :)

"Oh yeah, you think so? Don't assume it's okay just because we've known each other forever. Fact of the matter is, there's no place for you in our club." Kiriyama sneers.

"Itsuki!" Maeshima exclaims in dismay, grabbing onto the front of Kiriyama's shirt with a scowl on his features.

"Disrespecting an upperclassmen and theater in good violence?" Kiriyama asks while pushing Maeshima away and fixing his glasses. "That just proves how unworthy you-"

"Man, what the hell?" Maeshima yells.

"Maeshima, Kiriyama, that's enough." Shotaro says, cutting the two of them off.

"Easy." Tomo adds as our Coach walks in.

"What's up? I heard yelling." He says, shutting the door behind him.

"Sorry, Coach." I say.

"We've been practicing with Himekawa as the ace and we don't need some outsider shaking things up." Kiriyama explains, looking pointedly at Maeshima who growls at him.

"And there's me, ace number two!" Jonouchi exclaims.

"Incorrect and unhelpful." Yuki butts in, holding up a finger matter-of-factly.

"Now's not the time for us to be adding on new members. We're a team. You get that this is a club for skate-leading, not singles, right?" Kiriyama asks, poking a finger at Maeshima's chest before the redhead shoved his hand away and lunges forward. Woah okay then.

"Yeah of course I do, that's the entire reason I'm here!" Maeshima exclaims angrily.

"Hey guys, quick question for ya." The first year that came in with Maeshima says. "Are you actually interested in being the number one team? Or are you cool with Shinozaki's club beating you?" Where is this coming from?

"Hold on. You're trying to tell me that if we actually added him into the team, we'll win?" Jonouchi questions.

"And just who are you?" Kiriyama asks calculatingly.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you around." I add.

"Hayato Sasugai here. I'm hoping to join the club too. Oh, not as one of the skating members, but as a coach." He says casually.

"Do you know him?" Yuki asks Tomo who shakes his head.

"Nuh-uh. Maybe he's a transfer student." Tomo suggests.

"If you're really that determined to return to the sport, I can give you the name of a singles figure skating club instead." Kiriyama offers.

"Shinozaki's not doing singles anymore, he's the one I want to beat!" Maeshima practically screams while Kiriyama sighs. He's very passionate about this. And to think, just yesterday he was laughing in our faces about our club.

"Sorry for the delay, coach. Well start practice now." Kiriyama says, ignoring Maeshima before turning back to look at us. "Let's go." He says, receiving various versions of 'okay' in response as we follow him out of the club room.

"Uh, Sho wait! You don't agree with him on this, do you?" Maeshima asks desperately, grabbing my brother's arm.

"You thought we'd be dying to snap you up as our star skater? You've been off the ice for how many years now, and the rest of us have spent that time training. Things aren't like they used to be." My brother says, shrugging off Maeshima's hand and continuing out of the building, leaving behind a disappointed Maeshima. I feel a little bad for him, but not that much. Maybe someday he could join us, though he has some shaping up to do. For starters, he could apologize for yesterday.