Inspiration

A/n
Hello, and thank you for 35+ reads! A couple of people also added it to their reading lists, but I can't find the notification since I get a lot in the span of a week, so thank you to those people. Here's today's chapter :)

"Huh? Himekawa withdrew from school?" Maeshima asks incredulously.

"Yeah, he didn't drop out though, he transferred." Coach replies. Without even telling any of us? I know he's quiet, but geez.

"I don't get it. What's going on coach?" Tomo asks.

"I have no clue. Today's the first I'm hearing of it, just like you." Coach says, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"Did you know, Terauchi?" Kiriyama asks my brother.

"I didn't." My brother responds, looking mildly surprised.

"It does seem really sudden..." Yuki says.

"Was there a reason he gave for leaving?" I ask.

"He said his family was moving. That was all." Coach says, holding up the paper.

"Who would move like that out of nowhere though?" Jonouchi asks, punching his fist to his palm. "I mean what, is he going to quit skate-leading too?"

"It could be that he's actually known this for a while. I mean, Himekawa is definitely on the secretive side." Akimitsu points out.

"The question is, what's going to happen to our formation now? Without our ace, the balance'll be-" Tomo is cut off as Maeshima shoves past him, a scowl in his face.

"Maeshima." My brother says, though he pays no mind. The next thing I know, my brother, Yuki, Sasugai, and of course Maeshima leave for a trip to Himekawa's new school, leaving me to watch Aki, Jonouchi, Kiriyama, and Tomo practice.

"I never would've thought Maeshima would just run out like that." Jonouchi says as he stretches his legs.

"Right? Weird move for sure." Akimitsu agrees.

"And it's even weirder that the captain and Yuki decided to go along with them." Jonouchi says.

"I get that part though. You know how Maeshima and Sasugai are." Aki says.

"Yeah, chances are they would do something crazy by themselves." I say.

"For sure, ha." Jonouchi says.

"Just because Terauchi isn't here doesn't mean you can slack off." Kiriyama reminds them, finishing up his own stretches.

"Right." Jonouchi says.

"Okay." Akimitsu adds before they move to the next stretch.

"So where did Himekawa go anyway, do you guys know?" Jonouchi asks.

"Hmm, no I don't." Akimitsu answers.

"I think it was somewhere in Niigata." I say.

"Rice." Jonouchi says.

"Ski resorts." Aki says.

"Yellow tail." Jonouchi continues.

"Oysters." Aki replies while I laugh at their ridiculousness. As practice comes to an end, the sun is setting and my brother still isn't back yet.

"What the?" Jonouchi exclaims.

"Well, they won't make it back tonight so they're staying at a hot spring inn." Aki reports, reading a message off his phone. "Im jealous." He pouts.

"Wait, that's not fair!" Jonouchi protests.

"You know the saying..." I say.

"Life isn't fair." Akimitsu says with me.